Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Author Interview with Kerry Firth


Kerry Firth
London, United Kingdom





What have you written?

The Cocktails & Tattoos series &  up & coming new book Handbags at Dawn, due for release mid-July.


What is your favorite genre to write?

Chick-lit/romance


Favorite food.

Oooh, toughie… Italian!


Where would you like to visit?

Rio!


Favorite musical artist.

I listen to ANYTHING from today’s music to golden oldies. My fav musical artists include Madonna, Ed Sheeran, Rihana, Bon Jovi & many more…


How old were you when you started writing?

I started writing when I was in senior school around the age of 13/14 I think.


Where do you get your inspiration?

Inspiration happens when you least expect it. I could be washing up or driving through a beautiful countryside & wham! All of a sudden I think that can make a good story! My imagination runs wild. I have so many ideas, I think my head will burst.


What do you do when you get a writer's block?

Read. Reading always helps & taking a break.


Who is your favorite author?

Oh, wow, I have so many. Freya North & Kristan Higgins I’d say are my most fav two!


Best book you ever read.

I am struggling here. I have read so many and a few stand out but I can’t pin point any one, sorry.

Who is the one person who has influence your personal life the most and why?

Gotta say my husband and 6 beautiful children. I am who I am because of them. They influence me every day. They share my happiness and sadness and they give me heaps of ideas even if just one of them do something and it makes me think - that could go in my book!


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

Is it wrong to say my main character Harley from Cocktails & Tattoos? She is fun, funny, loves a drink and a laugh. I would definitely love to hang out with her. Her sexy husband too! 



What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?

Do it and never give up! I started writing when I was 13/14 but I didn’t actually publish or let anyone else read my stuff until I was 33! Don’t wait that long. Just follow your dream and do it. I am so glad I did and instead of being scared of what people will think of your work, you’d be surprised at how many people will like it. 


Do you have any links to you would like to share with us?


Amazon links ~
Cocktails & Tattoos book #1 UK link ~ http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cocktails-Tattoos-ebook/dp/B009TY89UG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1372250358&sr=8-2&keywords=kerry+frith

Book #1 US link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009TY89UG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p351_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0ZMMXE8PQFPR8R8DQPD0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

No comments:

Post a Comment