Friday, September 13, 2013

Interview with Young Author Eric Smith




Eric Smith
Montana

Good morning, Eric Smith!  It's a pleasure to have you with us here this morning.  We're already heard quite a bit about you from your twin brother yesterday.  Welcome.  What have you written?
I’ve written three books with my brother Andrew.
1.    How to Tekkit for Beginners
2.    How to Play Minecraft for Beginners
3.    How to Start a Business for Kids

What is your favorite genre to write?
How-To Books

Favorite food.
Sushi

Where would you like to visit?
Russia

Favorite musical artist.
2 Steps from Hell (it's instrumental and they wrote some of the music for the Harry Potter movies, Doctor Who, my favorite show, and Lord of the Rings).

How old were you when you started writing?
We were eight years old when we wrote our first book.

Where do you get your inspiration?
Our first book we told kids about how we started our first business which was our plant business.  We grew organic/heirloom plants and sold them.  The next books were about a game that we play.  It was kind of homeschool work, but the first one was much easier to write.  A lot of work, but easier than the second one.



What do you do when you get a writer's block?
I like to listen to music and relax a little.


Who is your favorite author?
J.R.R. Tolkien and Douglas Adams

Best book you ever read.
Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My mom and dad.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
I guess I’d like to talk to Tesla, too, like my brother, just to see how his mind works.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
My advice would be never give up no matter how hard it is.

And what do you like to do when you aren’t writing?  
Right now, I like boating, I swim on the KATS swim team, play violin and piano, learn Mandarin, have our 26 chickens and our egg business.  I like to play computer games especially with my cousin Nicholas.  I'm really interested in 3d printers and would like to get one.  I also like Make Magazine.  There's tons of things to make and build.  It's great.

Thank you for stopping by this morning.  The Smith Brothers are two interesting young men.  Best of luck to the both of you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment