Monday, November 25, 2013

HELLO VISION & VERSE FANS

Greetings everyone.  This is an awesome occasion for Vision & Verse.  Reaching 10,000 + page views in the relatively short time we've been online is truly amazing.  I want to thank you all for your support and loyalty; without you, we would not be here.  It's nice to know we are doing something that keeps you coming back.

As you no doubt have read, I have taken leave from V&V in order to concentrate on my art and to explore new ideas.  In the short time that I've been away, I've experimented with different medium, trying my hand at painting.  I recently finished a canvas working with "gouache" (pronounced  gwash), painting with opaque colors ground with water and mixed with a gum preparation.  It allows for a range of effects from saturated, vibrant, color to thin, pale, and watery.

I originally began the painting as an abstract sunrise, but nearly finishing it, I turned the canvas upside down to more comfortably complete the  lower portion and saw a totally different view of the work.



The image to the left is the original view of
the painting...the untitled sunrise. 

The image below is the one I finally decided on and titled it, "Moon Floating on a Rainbow Sea"  by Parker Kagan-Kaufman



I'm looking forward to exploring this medium further.  I've found it a very easy palette to work with,

The painting is 24 x 30 inches completed 11/2013.



There has been mixed reaction to which way the painting looks best.  What do you think?  I invite you to comment with your take on it.

I will have more new work and links to my website and artist page on Facebook in the post following this one.
 




2 comments:

  1. Dear Parker,
    Thank you so much for stopping by with some of your new work. I love it all, especially Moon Floating on a Rainbow Sea. The success of Vision and Verse rests solely on your vision of a blog that would inspire creativity. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with you on this journey of art pieces and museums and interesting authors. You...inspire...me.
    Big Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parker Kagan-KaufmanDecember 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM

      Thank you Carol, your kind words are so appreciated. I can't take all the credit.for the success of Vision & Verse...you are the other half of what makes V&V a success. Also the inspiration runs in both directions, I too have found inspiration through you. I'm very proud of the way V&V has evolved. Keep up the awesome work, I'm so very proud of what you have accomplished here.
      Much love,
      Parker

      Delete