Monday, November 25, 2013

MORE FROM PARKER KAUFMAN


In addition to the work featured in the post above,  I've completed some new pieces working with my favorite medium, cardstock and paper.  I've tried to incorporate newer, more sophisticated stock/papers in the current works.

In the past I've layered plain cardstock and papers to achieve some depth and dimension.  With textured stock and print/pattern papers I've been able to bring even more interest to the pieces I've created.  They are more tactile, fun to touch...hence, when framing them I've chosen to leave out the glass, allowing viewers to feel the art as well.

In some instances, the stock has two finishes, a smooth one and a sandy or gritty texture, which makes for an interesting combination when lighted from different directions.  Using the print/pattern papers also allows me to add a degree of detail that I couldn't before.

Below are two of  the latest works that were inspired by a caricature that was illustrated in a magazine.

The top image titled, "Hidden", by Parker Kagan-Kaufman, is textured cardstock and water color pencil composition, 8.5 x 11 inches.  The stock comprising the chin, nose, and forehead is randomly laden with texture that gives the feeling of imperfections of the complexion.

The bottom image titled, "Patched" by Parker Kagan-Kaufman, is made entirely of printed stock with an embossed linen texture.  The composition is 8.5 x 11 inches, the background is a distressed stock.  The muted patterns of the textured stock lend a unique quality to the stitched patchwork.





Once again, thanks to all of our loyal fans for helping us reach 10,000+ page views.  We really appreciate your support and we hope that you continue to follow us and enjoy what we bring to you.  I'll be visiting again soon with new works to share.   In the meantime, I'll share the links to my Facebook Artist Page and my website.  Cheers to you all.

Parker Kagan-Kaufman

website address:   www.parkerkaufman.net
Facebook :    www.facebook.com/parker.the.artist


No comments:

Post a Comment