Thursday, December 5, 2013

MORE HOLIDAY CARD DESIGNS





Hello again friends of V&V.  As promised, I've posted some more recent holiday greeting cards that I designed.

The top image is from 2009.  It reflects my roots growing up in northeastern Ohio.  The composition is free-hand drawing, computer generated images, and accents of watercolor pencil.  The trees were made of several layers of cardstock to add dimension.

The middle and bottom images are from the 2012 season. I was trying to achieve a retro look, common in 1950's design.  These images are heavily layered and stand out significantly from the card surface.

The composition is printed pattern cardstock, free-hand cut shapes and prisma color pencil.  All 3 are 8.5" x 5.5".

This year's design, which I hope to share with you soon, is a Texas-influenced design.

Images above designed by and sole property of Parker Kagan-Kaufman.

4 comments:

  1. More beautiful work by the talented Parker Kaufman! Thank you for the holiday cheer.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa is ADORABLE!! The winter scene is so reminiscent of the kinds of cards that I remember growing up. How do I contact the artist?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Giavanna,
      I have a call into Parker to answer your questions. Thank you for your interest and your comments. I have the Christmas tree above and it is just beautiful.
      Hugs,
      Carol

      Delete
  3. Hello Giavanna. My contact info is VisionVerse2013@att.net. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. Of the 3 designs above, only the bottom two are still available.

    Thanks again for your interest.

    Cheers,
    Parker Kagan-Kaufman

    ReplyDelete