Wednesday, January 22, 2014

THE ART OF THE QUOTE





From time to time I come across some wonderful quotes about art and artists that I like to share.  A number of the ones I've posted here today are real gems.  I hope you enjoy them.

"To reveal art and conceal the artist is art's sin."
---Oscar Wilde

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer, a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman, but a man who works with his hands, his brain, and his heart is an artist."
---Louis Nizer

"Where the spirit does not work with the hand there is no art."
---Leonardo da Vinci

"Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun."
---Pablo Picasso

"The artist brings something into the world that didn't exist before, and he does it without destroying something else."
---John Updike

"I can look at a fine art photograph and sometimes I can hear music."
--Ansel Adams

"Art is contemplation. It is the pleasure of the mind which searches into nature and which there divines the spirit of which Nature herself is animated."
---Auguste Rodin

"What is real is not the external form, but the essence of things...it is impossible for anyone to express anything essentially real by imitating it's exterior surface."
---Brancusi

"My inspiration is ART...because without ART we would just be stuck with reality."
---Daniel R Lynch

"Art is literacy of the heart."
---Elliot Fisner

"I am an artist...I am here to live out loud."
---Emile Zola.

No comments:

Post a Comment