Monday, March 24, 2014

#10 FACES SERIES BY PARKER KAGAN-KAUFMAN





#10 of my series FACES, this work was inspired by the exploration of my darker side.  Certainly not a subject everyone talks about, but one that merits looking into.  Using a digital camera to take a "selfie", (a process that required me taking about 40 photos in order to get the right one) then using a computer program, made it negative.  I used a filter to blur the image just enough to achieve a shadow effect.  Using the photo as my guide I hand cut the image from dark hued cardstock, then layering it onto white.  Trimming the white layer very close to the dark allowed for the sense of dimension.  The work is titled, "DARK SIDE", is 8.5" x 11", matte cardstock composition, by Parker Kagan-Kaufman, 2014.  Available at www.parkerkaufman.net.


No comments:

Post a Comment