Wednesday, September 17, 2014

New Work from Parker Kaufman




RED FLOWERS



Dear Gentle Readers,
Ooooh, a special treat today! Our own dazzling artist Parker Kaufman is here with me this morning to share a new art piece with us.  Welcome, my dear friend.  We miss you around here!  I'll shut up now and let him explain:

Hey there friends!! An experiment has turned into an incredible new piece of art for me. I was thinking in terms of creating a work that contained elements that would extend substantially from the background. The challenge was to figure out how to cut AND glue those pieces. In this work below, the red flowers are created from cutting circles of cardstock, folding them in half, and then making a diagonal fold on each side of the folded circle on which to put the glue. The flower petals stand out about 3/4 of an inch from the background. The leaves were cut extra long, folded accordion style, and then exposed edges are glued, making the leaves stand about 1/2 inch from the surface. This particular piece is titled "RED FLOWERS", a 12 x 12 inch cardstock composition, by Parker Kagan-Kaufman, 072014.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Carol for presenting my work. Your continued support is most appreciated. I promise....you will have first looks at my current work in progress. Once again, thank you dear lady, you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Parker,
    It is my pleasure to share your wonderful work with our readers. ANYTIME you want to pop in, you are more than welcome.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete