Friday, January 16, 2015

Interview with Actor Mario Temes




 Mario Temes
Currently Miami, FL but moving to L.A around August!







Welcome back, Mario.  What acting projects have you been working on?
Most recently I co-starred on the upcoming series “Complications” as Javier Menendez.  It’s set to premiere sometime this year on the USA Network. Shortly before being cast in Complications, I had wrapped up “Last Wishes” which was directed by Herschel Weingrod (Twins, Trading Places, Kindergarten Cop, Space Jam).

We'll be watching for you in Complications!
What is your favorite genre to act in? 
Honestly, I have no favorite as I each genre has its own beauty and depths, which each require you to bring something different to the table. I do however, wish to get more involved with fantasy projects as I’ve always found it beautiful to embody and lose yourself in a world that you will never be able to live in but in your mind and dreams.

Favorite food? 
I can almost always go for sushi!

Tea or coffee?
Definitely coffee, I consider myself a bit of an addict actually. I find myself drinking more coffee than my mother sometimes, and we’re Cuban so that says a lot.

Pizza or ice cream? 
Pizza, I’m not too big on ice cream.

Where would you like to visit? 
As many places as I possibly can. The way I see it – why leave this world only having seen so little of it?

Favorite musical artist? 
Too many to name, but some include Foster the People, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Arctic Monkeys and 50 Cent.
Do you listen to music when you write? What? I’m listening to Foster the People’s album Torches as I’m writing these answers actually haha.

What makes you laugh? 
A lot of things actually but I guess sarcasm is a good answer.

Favorite work of art or sculpture? 
I apologize for being so vague on my answers but once again, I have seen an immense amount of beautiful art, either online or in person to have a favorite.

How old were you when you started acting? 
At 7 years old my father; who was acting on Spanish TV at the time; got me a gig on an episode of a Spanish skit-comedy show but they ended up never airing it. I had only done it because I wanted the money for a video game, as I didn’t really care much for the arts then. Once I went into middle-school and started learning various instruments, I wanted to start singing which got me to join musical theater when I was 14, and I then fell in love with the acting side of it – upon turning 17 I started taking acting to a “professional” level.

Describe your perfect evening. 
An evening where I can absolutely clear my mind, forget all the worries of the world for a while and focus on the bettering of my craft. Of course, getting a call from my agent that has to do with good news always adds to the bettering of a good evening haha.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
From movies and TV shows. Since entering the acting industry, I’ve taken more time to focus on the details, big and small, of the actor’s performances. This however, has its downfall due to if a project doesn’t fully grasp my attention, I can no longer get lost in the story without thinking of what the actor was thinking in each scene, and even about what is going on behind-the-scenes for each shot.

What would you do for a living if you weren’t an actor? 
Direct, slick answer I know, but I just can’t see myself doing something that wouldn’t have me involved in the film/TV industry one way or another. I do want to get more involved behind-the-camera with time though.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
My mother, she’s such a hard-working woman who, in her words “lives her happiness through that of her children”. Every time, I take a step forward in my career, I remind myself of how I wouldn’t be a quarter of who I am today if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t even be fully chasing my dreams if it wasn’t for her help. In my times of depression and “wanting to give up”, something which many of us feel in this industry, she’s always been the one to help me get back on my feet and running. Her having grown up and struggled in a communist country really made her push for her kids having the life she always dreamed of, and she definitely is doing just that, if not even more. She’s always wanted a house on a river, as some of her favorite childhood memories are of her bathing in a river when they couldn’t shower at home. My sister and I have made a sworn pact to make this happen for her.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
My grandfather, because he passed away when I was only about 3 years old and I decided to use his name as my stage name from how good of a man and most importantly, a father he was to my mother. I carry on his name, and so I would have liked to know more about him by personally getting to know him better.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be an actor? 
Literally go after your dreams without ANY worries of what ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE is going to think of you for doing so. Make the decisions YOU want, as YOU are the one who will live with them. So put your running shoes on and RUN to that finish line without looking back, and once you reach it, you won’t be able to stop running.

Do you have any links for us to follow you?

No comments:

Post a Comment