Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pieces of Mel, A Poetry Collection by Melina Turner


Dear Gentle Readers,

This morning I have for you a lovely book.  It is a collection of poetry from Melina Turner.  From the beautiful cover and through the poems in the book, Melina Turner takes you on a trip to understand yourself through her beautiful, heartfelt poetry.  Each poem is the story of a life experience, and like the cover, each poem is a piece of the puzzle.

Most people tell me that are not poetry lovers.  Take a look at this one.  It just might make you change your mind.

I have included a few reviews from her Amazon.com page.   

Hugs,
Carol

Amazon Buy Link:  



out of 5 stars A Must Read! December 29, 2014
Format:Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Pieces of Mel Poetry Collection One is an amazing book of poetry. As I read through each poem I felt as if I was getting a little piece of the author. These poems are not just words on paper; they are like their own little stories. I really enjoyed reading them and had about 40 favorites. I finally had to stop marking because they were quickly all becoming favorites, but I did finally choose six that really spoke to me. They are She Doesn’t Know He’s Gone, The Little Princess, Surrendering To The Flame, Darkening Nightmares, In Fates Ocean and I Am My Own Enemy.
I am so grateful that I was able to read this book and look forward to reading more work by this author. Mel Turner is an outstanding writing and I am just in love with her poetry. I highly recommend this poetry book to all lovers of poetry. You will not be disappointed.
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?
5.0 out of 5 stars Pieces of Mel by Melina Turner December 29, 2014
Format:Kindle Edition
There is no question in my mind why Melina Turner is an award winning writer. Pieces of Mel is an exquisitely written book of poetry. While reading this work I marveled at the way the author would put together the verses. I found that many of the poems were written in a way that you could interpret more than one meaning, but every and all meanings ran very deep into the imagination. I would recommend this book to anyone who wishes to read some of the better abstract poetry. I refer to it as abstract because of the way the author uses the words she chooses. In no way is that a knock on her work at all. Trust me, once you read this book, you will have a deeper insight into the mind of a writer. Enjoy your reading experience.. I highly recommend this book.
Comment | 

Was this review helpful to you?
5.0 out of 5 stars Great! December 29, 2014
Format:Kindle Edition
Pieces Of Mel was a very interesting book on a variety of poems written by author Melina Turner throughout the years. Many of the poems reflected events that Melina had lived through, and a vast majority brought tears to my eyes. Some even made me cry. Melina has her way of writing the poems that make the meanings different for each poem even if they were similar in writing. The poems were very heartfelt and I can tell that the author really put her heart into them. They were extremely well written. The book itself was well put together. I like that for they were organized by year in the most part. All in all, I really loved this book, and I can't wait to see what Melina has in store for us next. I give this 5 out of 5 stars, no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment