Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Seasons of Passion Mystery Series by DB Jones






DB Jones
Roanoke, Virginia and Winter Park, Florida


Good morning, Dee, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors.  Tell us what you've written.

        Book 1, Willow of the Endless Waters, The Journey Begins
        Book 2, Willow and the Rise of the Serpent

Work in progress: Book 3, Willow and the Gift, the Final Chapter, in the Willow of Endless Waters Trilogy. It is a young adult fantasy. 

I also write Mystery/Romance and am presently writing the final book in the Seasons of Passion Mystery Series: 

Completed: Book 1 Summer Heat 
                   Book 2, Nights of Autumn.
                   Book 3, Storms of Winter

I have read NIGHTS OF AUTUMN and I just loved it!  What is your favorite genre to write?


It depends on my mood. But presently, I love getting lost in the mystery and challenges of the story I’m creating. My mind is rushing along trying to keep up with my characters. This book, Storms of Winter, pulls some elements from my other two books in this series that will ultimately tie all three books together in a spectacular finish.


Favorite food?
Italian food is my comfort food. Even the Italian desserts!

I'm Italian. Come over anytime.  Italian comfort food is my specialty. Tea or coffee?
I’m a big coffee drinker, but there are times in the late afternoon I like to make a cup of tea in one of my grandmother’s porcelain tea cups and sit out by my Koi pond. I guess it’s more for the ambiance, but it’s so relaxing.

Pizza or ice cream?
Can’t I have both?                             



Oh, you are my kind of person.  Talenti has a Sea Salt Caramel Gelato that is to die for. Where would you like to visit?
I’m just a nester. I really enjoy staying home or visiting with family and friends, but I fantasize traveling to Tuscany or some Grecian island someday and looking over the sea as I write some spectacular mystery.


Favorite musical artist.
I don’t listen to much music, but when I do, I like it to be relaxation music. My late husband and I composed flute music for over 30 years, and I still enjoy listening to that type of music.


Do you listen to music when you write?  What?
When I write fantasy, I do listen to new age music or something that will stimulate my imagination into the worlds I’m creating.
Mostly flute music.


I bought a flute when I retired!  I am determined to take lessons...someday. What makes you laugh?
Sharing goofy things we’ve done in times gone by with friends and family.  
   
      
Favorite work of art or sculpture.
I love the art work and sculptures of my friends. I can walk through my home, and the pieces I love are all done by people I know personally, so it’s like revisiting them every time I admire a piece. 


When did you begin writing?
I never dreamed I would write. It wasn’t until I lost my mother and brother within 4 months of each other and the words they left with me, did I started writing. I wrote my first book in 2012 at age 67.  I’m working on books 5 and 6 now and already have another mystery series planned for 2015.
               
    
What is DB Jones' idea of the perfect evening?
Having an intimate dinner with close friends, a glass of wine and then early to bed with a good book.    


Where do you get your inspiration?
That’s a tough one. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and the story is running through my head, or I can be driving down the highway and see something like a sign or a unique house that triggers a story. It may even come from something I hear. 


What do you do when you get a writer's block?
The first time I had writer’s block, I panicked. I thought this is the end of my writing. Then I read something another writer said about his block, “Get up and do something totally different or just sit down and start writing on what-ever”. I’ve done both and often that will kick start my train of though and I’ll slid back into my story. I use a corkboard program and I will often pop onto it and write little sticky notes to formulate an idea and that too can redirect my train of thought back to my story.


Who is your favorite author?
Oh, My. You’ve put me on the spot. There are so many wonderful writers. Lately, I’ve been spending time reading books of friends I’ve made in the author world. 


Best book you ever read.
Although there have been so many great books written, I’d have to say I still love the old classics, but I’ve always been drawn to a good mystery. I know that didn’t answer the question, but I have no “best” book I’ve ever read. 


Last book you read.
Bentley Square by Carol Ann Kauffman


You know, I am just loving you more all the time!  What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
Now that I’ve dipped my toes into the waters of writing, I’m not sure there is anything else I’d rather do. I’m addicted, obsessed, and in love with the time I spend writing. Nothing else exists when I’m writing, but the story I’m following.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My late husband, Terrell was the biggest influence in my life. He encouraged me to do whatever my heart desired. When he became ill, I went back to school and got my degree in Occupational Therapy at age 50. Since I’m dyslexic, he created a formula for me to take my test and studied with me.   He encouragement me to believe in myself and supported any endeavor I pursued.
         

I am sorry for your loss.  He sounds like a wonderful man.  If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
There are too many people I would love to talk to, but if I have to pick one, I think it would be Gandhi. I would love to know how to stay in that place of peace in spite of all the chaos that surrounds us. 


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?


Just sit down and write and don’t worry about the “how to”. Just write your story. You’ll learn the rest later. Writing a book and getting it out to the reader is an ongoing marathon, a continuous learning curve. So don’t worry about any of that, just write your story!






LINKS:
The release date for Storms of Winter Book 3 in the Seasons of Passion Mystery Series is Dec.14, but is available NOW for Pre-Orders @ http://www.amazon.com/Storms-Winter-Seasons-Passion-Mystery-ebook/dp/B00O581002/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413044794&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Stroms+of+Winter+by+db+jones
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/author/dbjones
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7418167.D_B_Jones
Facebook: http://www. facebook.com/dbjones.author
Web site: http://www.dbjones-author.com/
Twitter: @dbjones72

No comments:

Post a Comment