Wednesday, June 8, 2016

New Work by Artist Parker Kaufman "A Bone and It's Dog"

"A Bone & It's Dog"


Dear Gentle Readers,

This morning I have for you a new art piece from our own Parker Kaufman. As you will remember, Texas paper and mixed media collage artist Parker Kaufman and an unknown Ohio author (ME!) started this little website to blog about art and authors called Vision and Verse. That was three years and 97,000 page views ago.

It was necessary for Parker to step away from Vision and Verse to work on his art, but he is never far away in thought and spirit.

"A Dog and His Bone" is special to me because of my own dog, KC, and all the dogs who've shared their lives with me. Here is what Parker had to say about "A Dog and His Bone":

"I was inspired by a figurine of a dog that I saw in a home d├ęcor store.  I wanted to create my own version with a touch of humor and whimsy.  It is also loosely patterned after a dog that I had that had a huge affinity for bones.  The work is 20" x 30", composed of approximately 85 hand-cut cardstock pieces affixed in layers on a foam board base."

Link to Parker's website:

Have a great day!
Hugs,
Carol






No comments:

Post a Comment