Friday, December 2, 2016

Landscapes by Parker Kaufman




Okay, you know I have a weakness for the work of Texas paper collage artist Parker Kaufman. I can't get enough of them.  This desert scene is one of my favorites. There is something that draws me in. Is it the shapes? The use of color and pattern? The big picture or the tiny detail? I don't know! 




Another favorite landscape is this beautiful supermoon in the gorgeous sky over a tiny, obscure cabin nestled in the woods.




And who could not love this wildlife in the Serengeti Plain? Reminds me of the Lion King (which I always thought started with the word 'Pennsylvania'.)  Each of these art pieces are by the same artist, each using basically the same materials, shapes, and lines. But vastly different in color, combination, and the mood it evokes within us. This what makes Parker Kaufman such an outstanding artist. 

And, no, we are not related.  

No comments:

Post a Comment