Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Interview with Author Julie Seedorf


Julie Seedorf
Minnesota, USA




Good morning, Julie, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and  Authors. Can you tell us a little about what you've written?
I write Cozy Mysteries with quirky characters in a unusual community. They are somewhat a satire on old age and the rules and regulations we live with in real life. They are meant to make people laugh, take them away from reality and are a little fluffy. I also write children’s books with a twist on bringing together the generations of oldsters and youngsters. Who were we before our wrinkles took over our face. I also write a weekly column for area newspapers called Something About Nothing. Under all the nothings we talk about every day there is something underneath longing to come out.

My Fuchsia Minnesota Mysteries published by Cozy Cat Press and  kindle versions are on sale for $.99 each from July 22 to the 29 at

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K7Q4A20/ref=series_rw_dp_sw 

There are five books in this series. The titles are:
 Granny Hooks A Crook
 Granny Skewers A Scoundrel
 Granny Snows A Sneak
 Granny Forks A Fugitive
 Granny Pins A Pilferer

Brilliant Minnesota Cozy Mystery Series:
 The Penderghast Puzzle Protectors
 Soon to be released, The Discombobulated Decipherers

The Granny Is In Trouble Series for children and the young at heart adults:
 Whatchamacallit? Thingamajig?
 Snicklefritz

Just Released Kids picture book and young-at-heart adults:
 Two Little Girls

Favorite food. 
Donuts

Tea or coffee? 
Coffee

Pizza or ice cream? 
Pizza

Wine or beer? 
Wine


Where would you like to visit? 
Hawaii

Favorite musical artist
Queen, I like individual artists but don’t have a favorite.

Do you listen to music when you write? 
It depends on the day.

What? 
It depends on my mood. Piano and soft music or 50’s and 60’s music.

What makes you laugh? 
My grandchildren they teach me to keep playing.

Favorite work of art or sculpture.
Anything my grandchildren create.

How old were you when you started writing? 
A teenager but didn’t try and get published until 62.

Describe your perfect evening
I love to have glass of wine, good friends and conversation.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
I have a wacky thought process so I get my inspiration from almost anything. I don’t the world as other people do so I can turn the ordinary into something weird.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
I bring out the watercolor paints or read or find another creative activity.

Who is your favorite author? Catherine Coulter.

Best book you ever read. 
I think the first book that made a difference in the way I see the world was Freedom Summer that came out in the late 60’s. It was about white college students going to Mississipi during the race riots. I am not sure who wrote it. There are various books out there by that title. I still have the paperback somewhere in my memory boxes.

Last book you read. 
I am reading Point Blank by Catherine Coulter.

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 
I would become a watercolor artist but in my former life I was a computer technician and a business owner of a computer business.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
My Pastor's daughter. I marvel at her faith and she makes me believe I can do anything.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
It would be my dad and his mother my Grandma Edith. My grandma died when I was 6 and it was an uncanny twerk of fate that my covers and the granny on my covers look exactly like her down to the nose, glasses, hair style and clothes. I had nothing to do with choosing the graphic so it was her watching over me. I call it a God thing. And my dad died when I was twenty so I didn’t know him as an adult. I would love to know what he thought and felt about life.



What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? Keep writing and don’t give up your dream. Be able to take constructive criticism so you grow as a writer. Also do not try and write like someone you admire. Be true to your own writing style.

Do you have any links for us to follow you?
Instagram: Julie_seedorf
Newpaper Column Blog: http://sprinklednotes.com

My books can be found on Amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com and independent bookstores.


Links:



















































No comments:

Post a Comment