Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Episode Twelve   Ambush at the Drugstore

    "Yes, our wedding day was the happiest day of my life to that point.  I was ecstatic!  I couldn't believe I was so lucky.  You've made such a huge difference in my life, Sam."
    “Oh, just you wait!  I’m not done with you yet,” she giggled and crawled on top of him.  Days turned into weeks.  Samantha was becoming very comfortable with Jaks.         
    “Sam, I need to run to the drugstore to pick up my allergy prescription.  Want to come along for the ride?”
    “Not really, honey.”
    “Oh, come on.  I’m not comfortable leaving you alone yet.  What if you don’t feel good while I’m gone?  Come with me.  You love to walk up and down the aisles of the drugstore and look at all that female do-dad stuff.  And I’ll buy you whatever you want!  We won’t be long.  Come on,” he reached his hand out to her.
    “Oh, okay.  I guess I must really love all that female do-dad stuff!”  They drove to a small drugstore far off the highway.  She walked around while he picked up his medicine and met him at the cash register.
    “There’s a concert in the park tonight,” said Jakson as they walked to the car.  “Those acapella guys you like from Linton University.  Feel like a little outdoors music?”
    “Sure!  I love those guys!  They remind me of...”
     Somebody grabbed her from behind, pulled a pillowcase over her head, and threw her in a nearby vehicle.
    “Jaks!  Jaks!” she screamed, kicking and fighting.
    “Shut the hell up, bitch, or we’ll kill him,” a man growled in her ear.  Samantha froze.  She heard roaring in her head.  She screamed.  Everything started to spin.  Breathing was difficult.  Everything went black.

    “Sam!  Samantha?  Where are you?” he whispered.  “Sam?”
    “Jaks?” she whispered back.  “I’m right here.  Jaks, are you hurt?”
    “No, I don’t think so,” he said.  “Somebody knocked me out at the car.  Are you okay?”
    “Yes, I think.  But there’s something over my head and my hands are tied behind me.”
    “Yes, me, too.”
    “Where are we?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Jaks, what do they want from us?”
    “I have no idea, Baby.  What could they want with us?  It can’t be ransom if they took us both.  Are you all right?  Does your head hurt?  Honey, I heard you scream.”
    “I’m okay, Jaks.”  
    “Can you... can you scoot toward me?  I’ll do the same.  Come on, Sam, come to me.”  She wiggled toward the sound of his voice.  She bumped into him, recognizing his scent.
    “Okay, turn around and try to untie my hands.  Good, good.  You’re getting it.”  His hands were free.  He removed the pillowcase from her head and began to untie her hands.  “Are you sure you’re okay?”  Her hands were free.
    She grabbed him and hugged him.  “I am now.”  She started to cry.
    “Sh, sh, My Darling.  Please don’t cry.  It’ll be okay.  We’ll get out of here, I promise you.”  He held her tightly and kissed her head.  She thought she heard him crying, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment