Friday, September 12, 2014

Interview with Poet and Author James Gordon



James Gordon 
bka G.P.A.(Greatest Poet Alive) 
Chicago Illinois


Good morning, James, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors. What have you written? Recently, I have written the award winning DJ Gatsby Book Club Children's Book of the Year "Hi, My Name is Bobo"(A Weekend in the Life of a 5th Grader) and the Readers 

Favorite Poetry Book of the Year for Love and Romance Revenge of the Orgasm.


What is your favorite genre to write? 
Poetry, mostly storytelling and sometimes sensual.


Tea or coffee?
Coffee all day


Pizza or ice cream? 
Pizza


Where would you like to visit?
Maine, any part for lobster, bed and breakfast, and the sea.


Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  What? 
Phil Collins and 50 Cent. I listen to music all the time.This is especially true when I write.

What makes you laugh? 
Kevin Hart, genuine jokes,things I miss. 


Describe your perfect evening.
Family or a beautiful woman,sporting event or movie, Porterhouse steak,potatoes, cheesecake, and Jameson with coke and Daisy Cutter.






What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
Writer's block is a myth.




What would you do  for a living if you weren’t a writer?  
I would be a cyber criminal and steal millions of dollars.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My brother has had a great effect on me. He is a staunchly positive man with an affirmation or saying to lift and keep your spirits up.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
My Dad was murdered by cancer in 2000, so he never got a chance to read a book of mine or see me perform. I would like to sit with him and share poems and tales of my adventures.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
Be yourself, read a bunch,watch different movies and tv shows, and know your audience
WOOOO!!!


Do you have any links for us to follow you?




image
Hi, My Name is Bobo.: (A Weekend in the Life of a 5th Gr...
Hi, My Name is Bobo.: (A Weekend in the Life of a 5th Grader) (Step into the World of Bobo Book 1) - Kindle edition by James Gordon, Becca Wolford. ...
Preview by Yahoo

Twitter: gr8estpoetalive

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, James, for being here with us today. We would really like to read one of your poems. What are the chances we could feature one here on Vision and Verse in the near future?
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete