Thursday, September 17, 2020

ENTERTAINMENT: Midnight in Paris on Amazon Prime


Okay, I'm not fond of Woody Allen. I'm not sure I ever watched anything with Owen Wilson in it. And I vaguely remember a 
perfume called Evening in Paris that was a little strong for my taste.

There was no reason for me to like this movie. And yet, I did!
It's the story of this guy Gil, a struggling novelist and screenwriter who has a rich and incredibly beautiful fiancé, Inez, who has different ideas on where they are going as a couple. They go to Paris.

Then, one night Gil gets a little tipsy and decides to walk the streets of Paris in the rain back to the hotel. Getting close to midnight, he gets in an old Parisian taxi and time travels back to Parisian art scene of 1920's. At midnight, and on subsequent midnights, he meets Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Pablo Picasso, Cole Porter, Gertrude Stein, and my absolute favorite of the night, Salvador Dalí, played brilliantly by Adrien Brody. 

Gil takes all this 1920 celebrity-meeting in stride as he deals with an ever widening gap with his beautiful fiancé who wants to live in Malibu, while he would rather finish his novel in Paris.







Note:
Vision and Verse does not use cookies. We do not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment