Wednesday, November 2, 2022

INTERVIEW: Urban Fantasy Author Cassie Greutman

 


Cassie Greutman

Van Wert Ohio 

USA



 

Good morning, Cassie, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for Art and authors. Can you tell us a little about what you’ve written? Unpublished, all over the place! Published, urban and portal fantasy set in the same world. 

 


What is your favorite genre to write? 

Urban fantasy. I love the thought of magic in the real world.


 

Favorite food. 

Potatoes of any kind! French fries, mashed, potato casserole, hash browns. And now I’m hungry!


 

Tea or coffee? 

Coffee, as long as it has a whole lot of flavor in it.



 

Pizza or ice cream? 

Pizza! As long as it has sausage, I’m good.


 

Wine or beer or soda or what? 

Chocolate milk, usually, though I don’t say no to a diet coke or root beer often. A glass of wine on special occasions. 


 

Where would you like to visit? 

I’m a nature person. I’d love to go to Peru or Costa Rica, maybe Thailand, and just explore. Though I’m also a history buff, so I’d love to go to Rome or Venice. That’s a tough question!

 

Favorite musical artist.  

That really depends on my mood! I listen to everything from Pop to Classical. I play violin and piano, so I enjoy listening to the covers of pop songs in those instruments as well.  

 

Do you listen to music when you write?  

Yes.

What? 

When I’m writing I basically listen to movie soundtracks or I get too distracted. I really enjoy the Piano Guys and Lindsey Stirling when I’m creating.


 



What makes you laugh? 

My nieces and nephews. I love them so much and they always put a smile on my face.


 

Favorite work of art or sculpture. 

I recently went to an exhibit that had full size copies of panels from the Sistine Chapel. Such amazing work, it was a bit mind-blowing. Someday I hope to see it in person.


 

How old were you when you started writing? 

Ten? Pretty young! It may even have been before that. But I finished my first full length novel at seventeen.


 

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 

As I write the book before it, I start to plan the next book so I can connect things through the series. I always know the ending of the book, and major plot-points throughout, but not necessarily how I’m going to get there. 

 


Describe your perfect evening. 

Honestly, I’m a home-body. My perfect evening is quiet with a good book and plenty of snacks.


 

Where do you get your inspiration? 

The world around me, my family, watching interactions between people. Characters are the most important aspect of a story to me, so I study people all the time.     

   


What do you do when you get a writer's block? 

Work on something else for a bit, or skip ahead to a section of the manuscript where I already know where I want to go. Sometimes when I move ahead, it makes things before it fall into place in the story.



 

Who is your favorite author? 

Either Patricia Briggs or Kristen Britain. Both of them are brilliant. 

 





Best book you ever read. 

Green Rider. The entire series is amazing, but jumping into the world in the first book was one of my favorite experiences ever.


 

Last book you read. 

I’m reading Pawn by Karen Lynch at the moment. A great read so far. 


 

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 

I’m one of the majority of writer’s who aren’t able to live off their writing, so I also run a horse boarding facility. I love working with the horses.







Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 

Hmm… That’s a tough one, as I have a lot of wonderful people in my life. Either my mom or dad, or one of my sisters. I come from a very close-knit family. Their un-conditional love as helped me truly become the person I want to be.






 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?  

I’d probably pick the brains of one of my two favorite authors above! They are more super-stars to me than any actor or influencer. 

 


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

Just keep at it! It’s a rough job and there are lots of times you’ll get discouraged and doubt yourself, but literally anyone can learn to do it if they keep at it!             



 

Do you have some links for us to follow you?

 

https://www.amazon.com/Cassie-Greutman/e/B079VSM6QK/

 

TikTik: https://www.tiktok.com/@cassiegreutman

 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cassiegreutman

 

Twitter: https://twitter.com/writeranrider89

 

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/cgreutman/

 

 

 


















VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.











No comments:

Post a Comment