Wednesday, August 30, 2023

INTERVIEW: Urban Fantasy Author Ally Marie



Ally Marie
Nashville, Tennessee
USA


Good morning, Ally, and welcome to Vision and Verse. What have you written? 

My debut novel Destiny of a Fable. 


 

What is your favorite genre to write? 

Dark/Urban Fantasy 

 


Favorite food

Pasta

 

Tea or coffee? 

Coffee

 

Pizza or ice cream?  

BOTH! 


 

Wine or beer or soda or what? 

Wine and soda


 

Where would you like to visit? 

UK, Italy, and the Caribbean


 

Favorite musical artist. 

Backstreet Boys 

 


Do you listen to music when you write?  What?

I listen to thunderstorms. 

 


What makes you laugh? 

Don’t really have an answer for that one. 

 


Favorite work of art or sculpture.

Starry night. 

 


How old were you when you started writing? 

15

 


Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 

With my debut novel I planned everything out and it took me about 7 years. But my new WIP I’m just writing with very little than the premise to work with. 

 


Describe your perfect evening. 

Curled up with my pug, wine or soda, and a good book. 

 


Where do you get your inspiration? 

My life experiences. 

 


What do you do when you get a writer's block? 

Work on a different project as I am doing now. 


 

Who is your favorite author? 

Stephanie Myer. 


 

Best book you ever read.  

Hooked by Emily McIntire


 

Last book you read. 

The lost apothecary. 


 

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 

My original dream in life was to be a singer. 

 


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

It’s so hard to choose because there were so many people. 

 



If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

I never thought about it really. 

 

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

Study as much as you can about writing. I watched so many YouTube videos on character arcs and so forth and have over a dozen self help books. 

 

Do you have some links for us to follow you? 

 

My Facebook:

 

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100069560091740

 

My TikTok 

https://www.tiktok.com/@allymarie0924?lang=en

 

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BT4KQLLJ?ref_=cm_sw_r_apin_dp_MKYC5377BX4QVKNGRNPM

 

My newsletter:

 

https://mailchi.mp/9bcb5efdfac9/subscribe-to-newsletter?fbclid=IwAR2BTQBJT8jkozckQ4LhDRSWgNnDs1t87O_-HRBfju0MNFqQzIAWvWSAQvo





VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment