Sunday, December 14, 2014

Book Cover Christmas Ornaments by Carol Ann Kauffman

Book Cover Christmas Ornaments
by Carol Ann Kauffman


     Last year my Christmas project was to make Christmas ornaments out of my nine novel book covers for the little tree in my study.  It was an easy and inexpensive project.  I found cute little wooden filigree frames at Michael's for less than a dollar each and painted them white.  (I tried other colors, but they didn't show up on a green tree.)

    I shrunk down my book covers until they would fit.  This was the tricky part because not all my novel covers were the same dimensions to begin with.  I needed my smart and patient husband's mathematical sense to figure out this part.  Shiny photo paper worked best to print them on because the colors showed up well and the thicker paper gave it stability.  After trimming them to fit and gluing them in place, all that was necessary to complete the project with a little red bow and a hook.

    This could work well using photos of your child's favorite books, vacation pictures, like trip to Disney World, or  photos of family members. 

    I hope you are enjoying these Christmas-related posts this month.  I know I am.  Having former guests return with a favorite holiday memory or special activity is a real pleasure for me. I also hope you are enjoying this particular Christmas season.  Life is short, you young ones!  You will be old before you know it...if you're lucky and last, that is.  So, lighten up.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  In fact, it's better if it isn't.  It's more interesting, more individual.  Find what's cute, funny, sweet in the moment and squeeze all the pleasure you can from it.

Hugs,
Carol

      



No comments:

Post a Comment