Wednesday, September 5, 2018

INTERVIEW: Horror/Occult Author Eve LeStrange


Eve Lestrange
Bethlehem, PA


Good morning, Eve, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for art and authors. Can you tell us a little about what have you written.
The Christina Lafage Chronicles (Widdershins, Solitary Fire & Path of Shadows)

What is your favorite genre to write?
Horror/Occult Fiction

Favorite food.
I love Italian & Thai

Tea or coffee?
I like them both, but I would go with coffee.

Pizza or ice cream?
Pizza

Wine or beer or soda?
Wine (red)

Where would you like to visit?
All of the places I ever read about.

Favorite musical artist.
Coven

Do you listen to music when you write?
I can’t write without music. I have a writing mix with different types of music like Gothic, heavy metal, classical, film scores, etc.


What makes you laugh?
Lots of things.


This is an art and author blog, so I am obliged to ask: What's your favorite work of art or sculpture?
I don’t really have a favorite, I see beauty in many forms of art.



How old were you when you started writing?
I was 13.

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?
I usually have rambling notes.

Describe your perfect evening.
Watching horror movies & eating pizza.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I’ve read many old occult books over the years & I think that’s how a lot of my stories come about.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?
Listen to music.

Who is your favorite author?
HP Lovecraft.

Best book you ever read.
The Tomb & Other Tales by HP Lovecraft.

Last book you read.
Gypsy Sorcery & Fortune Telling by CC Leland.

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
I would probably be a proofreader.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
There have been many people who have influenced my life for a variety of reasons.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
HP Lovecraft because he was such a brilliant writer.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Write what you know, research what you don’t & always proofread your work.


That's good advice, Eve. Thank you for taking time out of your busy writing schedule to be with us today. 






Do you have some links for us to follow you?































































No comments:

Post a Comment