Wednesday, March 31, 2021

INTERVIEW: Australian Crime Author Lee Christine


Lee Christine

Newcastle, Australia

 

Welcome to Vision and Verse, the site that loves Art and Authors Can you tell me a little about what you've written?

I have written two crime novels with romantic elements and six romantic suspense novels.

 


What is your favorite genre to write?
Crime with romantic elements

 


Favorite food.

Fresh whole fish

 


Tea or coffee?

Both



Pizza or ice cream?

Pizza

 

Wine or beer?

Wine



Where would you like to visit?

Iceland

 

Favorite musical artist.

Lady Gaga  

 


Do you listen to music when you write?

I haven’t listened to music since I began writing crime. I’m one hundred percent focused on the plot.

 


What makes you laugh?

My Irish Wheaten Terrier, Honey. She’s such a funny dog, very engaging.





Favorite work of art or sculpture.

Salvador Dali’s The Persistence of Memory.

 


How old were you when you started writing?

Sixteen. I was in a soft-rock band and I wrote song lyrics. I also wrote two advertising jingles for television.

 


Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?

I write an outline of the story in a new notebook. I know my characters well before I start, and I know the beginning, the end, and the major turning points and challenging situations my characters will face. I also draw the family tree, or a diagram of the characters’ relationships, on a hard poster board. 

 


Describe your perfect evening.

Dinner followed by a live musical theatre performance.

 


Where do you get your inspiration?

Setting was my inspiration for the Snowy Mountains Mystery series. I felt it was the perfect setting to write a crime book with romantic elements. Other novels have been based on interesting news reports and the idea has flowered from there. Sometimes, it can be a simple conversation that I’ve had with someone. 



 


What do you do when you get a writer's block?

I push through and keep writing. It’s the only thing that works for me.




Who is your favorite author?

I have many but I'm really enjoying Tana French's novels. I'm currently reading The Searcher. 




 

Best book you ever read.

Beach Music by Pat Conroy. The emotive writing had me sobbing at the end. I’ve never forgotten the story.

 


Last book you read.

The Good Teacher by Petronella McGovern.

 

 

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?

I would have loved to have been a musician, but realistically, I’d probably be teaching.

 


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

My mother. She was loyal, kind and loving. Family definitely came first, and I never doubted I was loved.  

 

 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

Dolly Parton. I admire her talent as a singer, songwriter and actor. I also admire her energy and work ethic, and the humanitarian work she has done in the past and continues to do. And Dolly’s fun! 



What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?

Start writing, even if your life is busy with work, children and other responsibilities. 

If you only write a couple of hundred words per day, that’s fine. 

I wish I’d had the confidence to start writing earlier in my life.

 




Do you have some links for us to follow you?

 

https://www.facebook.com/leechristine59

 

https://twitter.com/leechristine59

 

www.leechristine.com.au

 


 

 







VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment