Monday, December 2, 2013

Interview with Author Kristen Mazzola

 Kristen Mazzola
South Florida


Welcome to Vision and Verse this morning, Kristen.What have you written?
My debut novel, Crashing Back Down was just released November 4th


What is your favorite genre to write?
Contemporary romance


Favorite food. 
Anything Italian


Where would you like to visit?
The next place on my bucket list is Australia!






Favorite musical artist.Do you listen to music when you write?  What?
Jimmy Buffett (to name one of many) But no, I cannot listen to music while I write. I am a drummer and get too caught up in it and it becomes far too distracting.




What makes you laugh? 
Stupid comedy! I love standup, Family Guy and    
The Big Bang Theory!


How old were you when you started writing?
Just about 10 years old.


Where do you get your inspiration?
From my wonderful life.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
Start writing something else, read, watch some romantic comedy.


Who is your favorite author?
I have too many to just pick one?



No. Best book you ever read. 
There really are too many, but the first book I ever truly fell in love with was The Perks of Being a Wallflower.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My father. He is my hero. I love him so much and I am so thankful and proud to be his daughter.






If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
This question is hard for me, today especially.  My Popi passed this morning. In this moment, I’d want to sit down with him one last time.





I'm sorry to hear that, Kristen.  You have our deepest sympathy.  What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
Just simply write what you enjoy! Don’t write something you think someone else wants to read, write the story you want to convey.







Thank you for being with us this morning, Kristen.  We at Vision and Verse wish you continued success in all your endeavors.  Come back and see us again.

Thank you.  I will.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you stopping by this morning, Kristen. Wishing you the best of luck with Crashing Back Down. Come back and see us again.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete