Thursday, March 12, 2015

Olympian Passion by Andrya Bailey


Good morning Gentle Readers,
I found this great book and I had to share with you. Here is the buy link:


Look for my review of Olympian Passion next week!
Hugs,
Carol


Olympian Passion is the first book in the Olympian Romance trilogy, by romance author Andrya Bailey.


Sabrina, a Classical Studies graduate student, is excited to be accepted for a summer internship at the Fine Arts Museum. When she meets stunning Greek archaeologist and scholar Nikos Soulis, who will spend two months overseeing the museum's new exhibit, she falls hopelessly in love with him. Even though the sexy professor seems to be dating a rich philanthropist and museum benefactor's daughter, he insists in helping Sabrina with her research project in Greek art. Can she avoid heartbreak when she is seduced by the hot Olympian god of her dreams?

"Best romance I've read in a while! Couldn't put it down!"


Excerpt from first chapter - you can cut it down if it is too long

At that fraction of a second, when my eyes found him, I felt Eros’ arrow hitting my heart with an intensity I’d never experienced before. I thought I was seeing a mirage: tall, muscular body, tousled black hair, wearing a light blue button down shirt - which complemented the tan of his olive skin – a black jacket and dressy black pants. The man looked exactly like a hero from Immortals, or one of the perfectly chiseled statues of Apollo or Zeus I often found myself contemplating in museums.

I’m a helpless romantic, always believing in love at first sight, thinking about the day my prince in shining armor would come trotting down to capture my heart. Or, rather, when my Greek god would descend from Mount Olympus to take me as his own venerated and immortal goddess. Greek mythology has always been one of my favorite subjects, and books about the glorious myths of gods, sagas and quests in search of love, beauty and immortality abound in my library. I love reading and looking at pictures, dreaming about this far gone world of intrigue, jealousy and passion, imagining the handsome gods seducing virgin nymphs, morphing into mere mortals or other forms, to enrapture the object of their lust into their sometimes fatal embraces. Wandering through museums, I often stared musingly at the formidable marble statues of mythological gods and heroes with their lean, muscular, perfectly toned and chiseled male bodies. I wondered when I’d have my chance to go to Greece and lose myself in the Parthenon, in Athens, or the Temple of Poseidon at Sunion, or the best-preserved Greek temple in the world, the Temple of Hephaestus, to meet my fantasy, the Olympian god of my dreams. I had no idea I would find him so close to home.

A few days ago, I received a call from Dr. Jones, the museum’s director, advising me I had been accepted for the internship at the Museum of Fine Arts. I was beside myself with excitement. That’s the reason I took the summer off from my Art History school teacher job: I had really been looking forward to this opportunity. I was graduating the following year and getting my Master’s degree in Classical Studies at Rice University in Houston, so this break might even help me get a job at the museum. The invitation to attend the Greek Bronze Vessels special preview party followed and I couldn’t believe how lucky I was. It was the first time this collection was coming to the museum, and I was hoping my internship would include working with the curators in the Antiquities department. I was doing research about Greek vessels for my thesis, so that was a most welcoming coincidence.

Jane, my best friend, was waiting for me by the front entrance when I arrived at the museum for the party.
“You look great, Sabrina,” she said when she saw me. “I can’t believe we were invited to this wonderful party, and I can’t wait to see the new exhibit. Let’s have a glass of champagne and some hors d’oeuvres before Dr. Jones starts the announcements.”

We accepted a flute of champagne from the bartender and walked around the large foyer, which was being used as the background for the cocktail party.
“My beautiful ladies!” we heard Curt exclaim. Our adorable, friendly classmate approached us with open arms to give us a hug. His friend Robert, who was with him, gave us each a peck on the cheek.
“This is so amazing, isn’t it?” Curt asked. “I’m dying to go inside the exhibit room and see the Greek vases! Are you all excited about the internship? I can’t wait to start!”
“It’s like a dream come true. When Dr. Jones called me, I was beside myself. I’d love to work in the Antiquities department!” I said. A waiter came by with a tray of fresh fruits and cheese and we each grabbed a handful to munch on.
That’s when I saw the mirage, the fabulous looking god of my dreams on the other side of the room, across from where we were standing. Dr. Jones offered him a glass of champagne and he accepted it with grace, bowing respectfully. I had no idea who the seductive god-like creature was, but for me, it was love, or lust, at first sight. Like magic, I felt a bolt of lightning going through me. At that moment, I knew I had been hit by a love arrow, and I almost choked on a grape.

No comments:

Post a Comment