Monday, July 15, 2019

INTERVIEW: High Fantasy Author S.E. Turner


Good morning, Sharon, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for art and authors. Can you tell us a little about what you've written?
I have written a fantasy series called the 'Kingdom of

Durundal'.


I've read the first two in the series and they are fantastic! This series needs to be made into a movie, or at least a TV mini-series. What is your favorite genre to write? 

Fantasy/realism/ speculative fiction.

No surprise there. Favorite food. 

Thai Green Curry

Tea or coffee? 

Tea

Pizza or ice cream?

Ice Cream

Wine or beer or soda?

Wine

Where would you like to visit?

Japan

Favorite musical artist.

U2/Adele/ Pink Floyd. 

Do you listen to music when you write? 
No. I need silence.

Me, too. What makes you laugh? 

My friends and family.

Favorite work of art or sculpture. 

Anything by Dale Chihuly. 

I love Dale Chihuly's work. He is fantastic. A true glass master  How old were you when you started writing? 
wrote a short children's book about 25 years ago. Then a memoir, ten years ago.

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 
I plan it out with bullet points.

Describe your perfect evening.
Theatre, cinema, live performance of anything.



Where do you get your inspiration?
Reading, mind mapping, historical figures.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
Walk amongst nature.

Who is your favorite author? 
C S Lewis

Best book you ever read.
Chronicles of Narnia - I still have my original books - so they must be the most special.


Last book you read. 
Where the Crawdads Sing.


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
A teacher.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
Probably my mother, because she bought me all my books when I was younger, and introduced me to fantasy with the Chronicles of Narnia.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
Probably George R R Martin, I'd like to ask him all these same questions.

Haha! That's a good one! What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
Keep reading. Keep writing. And always keep a notebook at your side, for those moments when an idea, pops into your head.

Do you have some links for us to follow you?


instagram:


3 comments:

  1. I’m now following you and added your books to my TBR list. I love a good fantasy with all kinds of elements to it and your books sound like they have that. Also, I love your covers, very different from all the other covers I’ve seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Valerie, my books certainly do have lots of elements which I hope my readers enjoy. I am writing the fifth and final book in the series now, so am looking forward to creating the cover for that one. A Moth in the Flames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the first two, Valerie. You'll love them!
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete