Thursday, July 4, 2019

NOTE FROM CAROL


Dear Gentle Readers,

You'll get no flag waving from me today. Instead, here is a pot of get well flowers for our ailing democracy. I am an older woman. No, actually I am an old lady. I have seen this country through many trying times. Some not so good. Some bad. Some horrendous. But I have always felt a stirring of pride and delight in my country. When the national anthem is played, I stand. I place my hand over my heart. And, no matter how badly off-tune I am, I sing. 

Not today. I am disgusted with what our federal government has become, a glorified version of the Hatfields and the McCoys. I no longer want Democrats or Republicans. I want real Americans who are not in the pockets of big business and special interest groups that are in charge of my country, true statesman who understand what America represents and what justice for all means.

I want the kinder, gentler America back, the one where we lifted each other up, where we cared about education and healthcare and what's in our food and water supply, the one that cared about our planet, the one without the name calling and the bullying, without the foreign interference in our national elections who don't want any particular candidate to win, but for our democracy to lose. Remember that wonderful beacon of hope and light and justice? I do.

Big hugs,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment