Wednesday, April 8, 2020

INTERVIEW: Irish Non-Fiction Author Robert Barry


 Robert Barry
  Kilkenny City
Ireland

Good morning, Robert, and welcome to Vision and Verse. Can you tell me what you've written?
My book is called – ‘The Truth – The Biggest Cover-Up in History.’ The book shows the reader how to enter heaven in under five minutes using the instructions Jesus gave to us in the prayer – The Our Father.

What is your favorite genre to write?
Non-Fiction
 
Favorite food.
Italian

Tea or coffee?
When I am at home, I drink tea. When I am out, I drink coffee.

Pizza or ice cream?
Pizza.

Wine or beer?
Wine.

Where would you like to visit?
I would like to visit an unknown and uninhabited island in the Caribbean. 

Favorite musical artist.  
Bands I like include U2, Guns & Roses, Queen and Thin Lizzy. Individual artists I like include, Phil Collins, Sting and Bob Dylan.

Do you listen to music when you write?  
No. 

What makes you laugh?
Observational comedy.


Favorite work of art or sculpture.
The Thinker by Auguste Rodin 

How old were you when you started writing?
I published my first and only book when I was 44.


 Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?
I just write.

Describe your perfect evening.
Reclining on a beach, watching the sun set and the moon and stars rise….with a glass of wine of course!

Where do you get your inspiration?
I get my inspiration from life events, people, books, music and movies.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?
Many aspiring authors talk about the curse of writer’s block. After having published my first book I have concluded that “There is a difference between writing a book and a book that wants to be writtenFortunately, my book was one of the latter.”

Who is your favorite author?
It’s a choice between Raymond E. Feist and Robert Jordan.

Best book you ever read.
The Magician by Raymond E. Feist

Last book you read.
Brian Lenihan: In Calm and Crisis

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
I am a chemical engineer and European patent attorney but I would love to be a musician. I play the piano and I would love to travel the world in a band playing gigs, writing and publishing music. 

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My Dad has influenced my personal life the most. When my Dad was alive, he told me two things; don’t live beyond your means and know your limitations. I took to the first like a duck to water. The second I viewed initially as an insult and I have only recently come to appreciate the wisdom of his words. 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
My Dad. Apart from my mum, my dad is the only person in this world who loved me unconditionally. Therefore, when I asked him for advice, I knew he would give it with my best interests at heart. 

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Find a good editor, publisher, designer and publicist. When you have done these things, you can then enjoy the process of writing.



Do you have some links for us to follow you?
Links:











Note:
Vision and Verse does not use cookies. We do not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment