Wednesday, September 2, 2020

INTERVIEW: Poet Tanya Harris

     Tanya Harris
Atlanta,Georgia
  USA


Good morning, Tanya, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for art and authors and those who love them. What have you written?
I completed and published one novel titled Supposedly Broken, one poetry book titled #JustInking and several poems and short stories that have not been published. 

What is your favorite genre to write? 
To date, I have only written fiction and poetry and I equally enjoy both.

Favorite food. 
Pizza.

Tea or coffee?  
Coffee.

Pizza or ice cream? 
Pizza.

Wine or beer? 
Wine.

Where would you like to visit? 
Greece

Favorite musical artist.  
Prince

Do you listen to music when you write? 
Yes. 
What? 
That depends on how I feel and what I’m writing.



What makes you laugh? 
Quite a bit makes me laugh. Although, I probably love straight-faced comedy more than anything. There’s something about a punchline coming from an emotionless face that hilarious, to me. 



How old were you when you started writing? 
9


Favorite work of art or sculpture. 
I love any work of art  that successfully depicts emotion or interprets circumstances of life.

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 
I just write. I may do a character outline from time to time but that’s rare.

Describe your perfect evening. 
An evening of spontaneity. I need to know the initial destination, but the rest of the evening can follow a play-as-you-go game plan. 




Where do you get your inspiration? 
Mostly from music but I have been inspired by people, by artwork and by the news.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
Take a walk, listen to music, take a drive or sit outside on the balcony. 

Who is your favorite author? 
I don’t have a favorite.

Best book you ever read. 
The Bible.

Last book you read. 
#JustInking

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
I would be a Publisher.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
I can’t say that there is one person who has influenced my personal life more than any other. Everyone has played significant parts at different times. 


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
Michelle Obama. I love speaking to inspirational people about random things. Their passion for finding solutions inspire me to continue to follow my dreams, even if we never speak on what my dreams are.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
If writing is something that you feel almost obligated to do because you truly love doing it, then never stop. Let nothing or no one tell you it is not likely that you would be able to become a writer or that it is too late to achieve your dream.

Do you have some links for us to follow you?

This is the link to my book, Just Inking:

https://www.amazon.com/JustInking-Tanya-Harris/dp/1534774351/ref=nodl_?fbclid=IwAR2J-_nfDsVkQ5HUdE9GcmXW9oF1PkCe7EfoggLByVyKXo_s5zWJbNxr9Q8

 I can be found on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as Author Tanya Harris.

https://www.facebook.com/authortanya.harris

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1534774351/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1526944143&sr=8-1
https://www.instagram.com/authortanya/


Tanya just started a new
website blog she'd like
you to take a look at.












































You sent
2 hours ago


I recently started a blog website and wanted to pass the following link to you to add to the interview:
allwritenowrong.com
Thanks! Tanya Harris
VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:
Note:
Vision and Verse does not use cookies. We do not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment