Wednesday, March 10, 2021

INTERVIEW: Suspenseful Crime & Mystery Author Dan Petrosini




Dan Petrosini

SW Florida

USA



Good morning, Dan, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for art and authors and those who love them. I'm a big fan of your work and I'm thrilled to have you here with us today. For those unfamiliar with your work, can you tell us a little about what you've written?

After writing across a couple of genres, (political Thriller, Sci-fi, ) I concentrated on writing a series. 12 books strong, A Luca Mystery, has exceeded my expectations and readers have enjoyed ‘ride’.  My second series, Suspenseful Secrets, is just getting under way with 2 books at the moment.

 



What is your favorite genre to write? Suspense and Crime Fiction

 


Favorite food. 

Pasta with anything!

 


I agree. Tea or coffee? 

Dark Roast Coffee

 


Pizza or ice cream? 

Who does love a good Sicilian pizza?

 



Nobody I know! 

Wine or beer? 

I’ve been a wine ‘student’ for twenty plus years and have written several articles on wine. It’s the confluence of farming, art & science! 

 


Where would you like to visit? 

I’ve been fortunate to travel the Far East, Europe and a bit of S. America. My favorite is Europe.

 


Favorite musical artist. 

Stan Getz. (I also play the tenor saxophone

 


Do you listen to music when you write? 

Most times I do  

What? 

I generally listen to Jazz piano when I write, often Bill Evans



 

What makes you laugh? 
There is nothing quite like seeing a good comedian in a live setting.




This is an art and author blog, so I am obligated to ask: Favorite work of art or sculpture. 

This is tough to narrow down.  I’m inspired by many types of art, from impressionist to modern.



How old were you when you started writing? 

At 10, I wrote my first ‘story’ about a Martian.

 




Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? 

Or just write? 

I’m a ‘discovery’ writer.  I start with an idea, sometimes with an ending and let the characters take me where they want to go.

 


Describe your perfect evening. 

Having written my 1000 word min, and practiced the sax, pulling a cork before sitting down to dinner with family and friends.



Where do you get your inspiration? 

My mind is in a continual state of what if?  I’m a curious individual and going down rabbit holes to discover a ‘set-up’ is fun.


 

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 

I force the words out. The fact is, inspiration rarely comes. You have to sit, regularly, and write. There is no other way.



Who is your favorite author? 

Unfair to limit to one. 

 


Best book you ever read. 

Count of Monte Cristo

 


Last book you read. 

Mayflower Murders

 


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 

Jazz Musician






Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 

My mother. She never limited the possibilities and was always positive and supportive.

 



If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 

Jesus Christ.







What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
Read in your genre and commit to a regular schedule of writing. Even if you can only spare an hour a week, make sure you put your tail in the chair for that one hour.

 

Do you have some links for us to follow you? www.danpetrosini.com

Amazon Author Page https://amzn.to/3qvNmcS

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DanPetrosiniAuthor






 


 


 







VISIONANDVERSEDISCLAIMER:

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment