Wednesday, March 15, 2023

INTERVIEW: Fantasy Author Hannah-Louise Smith

 

Hannah-Louise Smith
Cheshunt, Hertfordshire
United Kingdom


Good morning, Hannah-Louise and welcome to Vision and Verse.What have you written? 

I have written two books, Awakening and Darkness, the first two books in the Mythics and mortals trilogy 

 

What is your favorite genre to write?

Fantasy 

 

Favorite food.

Chinese food, especially salt and chilli chicken

 

Tea or coffee?

Tea

 

Pizza or ice cream?

Pizza

 

Wine or beer or soda or what?

Soda, I prefer diet coke.

 

Where would you like to visit?

Paris, I know it’s predictable but I would love to drink hot chocolate on top of the Eifel tower.

 

Favorite musical artist.  

I’m a fan of fall out boy, but I like a little bit of everything. 

 

Do you listen to music when you write?  What?

Definitely, my playlist is always set to random, mainly 80s rock music. 

 

What makes you laugh?

Animals doing funny things.


 



Favorite work of art or sculpture.
Van Gogh’s The Starry Night, it’s so peaceful.

 

How old were you when you started writing?

I was 24 when I started writing my first book Awakening. 

 

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 

I write a rough chapter plan first, then I start writing by hand.

 

Describe your perfect evening.

My perfect evening is a cup of hot tea, a good book, and a blanket.

 

Where do you get your inspiration?

I listen to music and the ideas just flow.

 

What do you do when you get a writer's block?

When I get writer’s block,I type up what I’ve written so far to clear the cobwebs.


Who is your favorite author?

George R.R. Martin. I think it’s brilliant that he is able to multitask points of view while keeping in mind the story.

 

Best book you ever read.

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I try to reread it at least once a year. 

 

I like that one, too! Last book you read.

Romancing Mr Bridgerton by Julia Quinn. I love that kind of period drama romance.

 

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?

Well, I already have a job in retail so I’m covered.

 

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

My mum. She is always there with truthful advice and has my back. 

 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

I’d like to talk to future me and ask her a few things.

 

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?

You won’t know unless you try, what you write on paper doesn’t have to be perfect and things change 

 



Do you have some links for us to follow you?


https://www.facebook.com/hannahlouisesmith19

https://www.instagram.com/hannahlousmith/?hl=en

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/22231590.Hannah_Louise_smith

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09S41F58W/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BNW36LZ5?notRedirectToSDP=1&















VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment