Monday, March 13, 2023

ART: Great Republic, World’s Largest Clipper Ship Model, Butler Museum of Art


This gorgeous model of the Great Republic was built by Donald McKay in 1853. The scale is one eighth inch equals one foot. 

It has captivated visitors to Butler Museum of Art for generations. 

I remember bringing my class of first graders to the museum and watching the little boys light up when they saw it. 

It still fascinates me today. 




If you find yourself in the downtown Youngstown area, stop in and enjoy this crown jewel of the area. 


They have an outstanding permanent collection as well as traveling exhibitions and cultural events. 


Make time for the gift shop and the restaurant.

 

The Butler is never the same place twice! 🥰


P.S. That's me behind the Great Republic. I spent the afternoon of my birthday at the wonderful Butler.













VISION AND VERSE DISCLAIMER

Note:

Vision and Verse does not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. And cookies? We eat cookies.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment