Friday, May 31, 2013

Author Interview with Cianna Reider


Author Interview with Cianna Reider
from Colorado Springs, Colorado


What have you written?

     I have written a collection of poetry, a few short stories, and a screenplay.

What is your favorite genre to write?

     No particular genre, but I like to write as realistically as possible.

How old were you when you started writing?

     About ten, I guess.

Where do you get your inspiration?

    From movies, music, poems, other books, art.

What is your favorite food?

     Meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and sloppy joes

Where would you like to visit?

     Scotland, England, Paris

What do you do when you get writer’s block?

     I just step away, focus on some other things, and let the poem or story have some time to settle.  And usually when I come back, I can move on.

Who is your favorite author?

     I don’t have a favorite author.  I love many authors, each different for good for different reasons and different points in life.

Best book you ever read.

     That’s too tough a question!  I love reading and have read so many books that I can’t pick a favorite.

Try.

     Okay.  I have read both The Hobbit and Phantom of the Opera over a dozen times, so I’d say they were up there.  

Favorite musical artist.

     I listen to a wide variety of music, depending on my mood.

Who is the one who has influenced your personal life the most and why?

     There’s not one person who has overall influenced me, I’ve been lucky that my life has been filled with amazing role models in order to counteract the crazy ones I have as well.  I have built a wonderful family of people who constantly influence me.                   

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?

     I think it would be Queen Elizabeth I, she really had her head on straight in a time full of silly thinkers and strange ideas, and a time when women weren’t considered equal, she ruled a country.

Who advice would you give someone who aspired to be an author?

     Just write.  And read a lot.  It is very hard to get published these days.  And just because you’re not published by a publishing company, it doesn’t mean you’re not a writer.  Self-publish.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your time and thoughtful answers to our questions, Cianna. I am sure we'll be hearing a lot about you in the future. Best of luck to you, Young Lady.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to feature you on V&V. I hope that you'll write something that we could present to our readers someday. I believe we'd all enjoy reading your work. Thank you again.

    All the very best,
    Parker

    ReplyDelete