Thursday, May 30, 2013

Excerpt from BLUE LAKE






The house was quiet.  Nicole was quiet.  Richard was heartbroken.  He couldn’t make eye contact with her without welling up.  Every time he would try to talk to Nicole, she would just back away from him.  He waited patiently for an opportunity to corner her.  It came—in the shower.  He, fully clothed, jumped in with her, blocking the shower door turning the water off. 

     “Richard, let me out, please.”
     “You won’t listen to me out there.  Maybe you will give me a chance to talk to you in here.  A chance, Nicole.  That’s all I am asking for.  Just a chance. ”
     “Okay, fine, talk.” She leaned back, slid down the shower wall, and sat on the floor.
     “I love you.  I know you love me.  We are great together.  Please, tell me WHY you feel I am so unsuitable for you.  Just tell me why and I’ll leave you alone.”  
     He sat on the wet shower floor across from her, looking broken hearted.
    “Richard, you don’t understand.”  
    “Make me understand, Nicole, use little words.  Tell me.  Don’t spare my feelings. I’m already miserable.  Out with it!”   
     “It’s not that I don’t want to marry you.  I love you.”  She touched his face.  He grabbed her hand.  He kissed the palm of her hand and held on to it tightly.
     “You are handsome, charming, and sweet.  You are a fantastic lover.   You are a genuinely good man.  You touch my very soul.  I couldn’t ask for more.”
      “But…” 

2 comments:

  1. "But"? But what? I want to know what happens here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLUE LAKE is available at amazon.com for the kindle. No kindle? No Problem! Amazon provides a free app, that's a downloadable application for your computer or your phone, that allows you to view kindle book. And there are millions of them. I'm glad you want to know what happens next ;)
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete