Friday, August 2, 2013

Author Interview with Llerxt the 13th


LLerxt the 13th




Where do you live?
I moved from a small town in Virginia to a slightly bigger town in Michigan

What have you written? 
I co-authored September Tango with Scarlett Jade and am working on a book series called Elemental Journey.

What is your favorite genre to write?
My imagination usually leads me towards the sci-fi genre, but as everyone can see, with September Tango, I can write just about anything.

Favorite food.
Pizza. I think over the years I'm staring to get tired of it, but nothing seems to want to take it's place.

Where would you like to visit? 
Anywhere but Asia, been there, didn't like it.

Favorite musical artist. Do you listen to music when you write?
What? I don't really have a favorite artist anymore, but I usually like to listen to 80's music and some songs without lyrics when I write so I'm not distracted.

What makes you laugh?
Scary movies... seriously, though, I love a good joke, practical or otherwise, and reruns and new episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway?

How old were you when you started writing? 
Eleven.   I started writing in 6th grade, of course, my work has improved since then, I hope.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
Anywhere, music, movies, books. I try not to duplicate anybody else's ideas, but it's really hard to do.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
I'll go watch a movie or listen to a good song or spend a few minutes meditating to try to get that mental focus back.

Who is your favorite author? 
Same with artists, I don't really have a favorite author, but if I had to choose, I'd pick J.K.Rowling. I'm a Harry Potter nerd.

Best book you ever read. 
Yeah, I don't really know. If I had to narrow it down to one, I'd say Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
My wife, Scarlett. I don't think I would've ever published a book if I didn't meet or marry her. Her constant support has helped me through a whole lot when I had no one, and to be honest, I wouldn't be the person I am today without her. I certainly wouldn't be having this interview right now.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
I wouldn't mind talking to Einstein. I would like to know the person behind the genius everybody advertized him as even though he didn't even consider himself a genius.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Don't ever sell out our let somebody force you to write outside of your comfort zone. Stick to what you're good at and whatever inspires you and don't ever give up on that.

Cover:


No comments:

Post a Comment