Friday, December 12, 2014

My Favorite Christmas Memory by Lacey Dearie




"I believe my favourite Christmas memory is one from my childhood.  Christmas 1984 was a special year for me because I received a bike.  Not that I was particularly interested in bikes as a child but the fact that I then had one, just like everyone else, made me really happy.  It was also the first white Christmas that I remember and on Christmas morning my sister and I went out for a ride on our new bikes in the snow.  




I was only four years old then but that Christmas has stayed in my heart for the rest of my life.  I think now that I'm a parent with a son around that age, Santa might be leaving a bike under the Christmas tree for him.  Hopefully he will have the same happy memories of this year!"



This is our own sweet Lacey Dearie, at a book signing in Scotland.  She is the author of the hugely popular Leger, Cat Sleuth series that is much loved here in the United Staes and in Canada.

Lacey also wrote Baked, the sweet shop story of a plain doughnut madly in love with a creamstick, or the Scottish equivalent.  Really cute!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me in this series of Christmas posts! It was so much fun looking for old photos and thinking about past Christmas times. Best wishes to all involved with Vision and Verse for the holiday season and hoping you continue to have success in the coming year xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo's and a great memory of a lovely Christmas. thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete