Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Interview with Suzanna J. Linton



Suzanna J. Linton

South Carolina, USA


Good morning, Suzanna and welcome to Vision and Verse, the place for Art and Authors. Can you tell us a little about what you've written?
I have published three novels in two separate series. My first series is Stories of Lorst and the novels in it are Clara and Clara’s Return. The second series is The Lands of Sun and Stone Series with only one novel, called Willows of Fate.



What is your favorite genre to write?
I write mostly in fantasy. Anything with fantasy elements is fun for me to write.

Favorite food.
I could eat dolmades all day!

Tea or coffee?
Depends on my mood. Right now: coffee.

Pizza or ice cream?
Why not both?


You are my kind of people! Both. Wine or beer?
Usually beer, though I like wine if I’m eating something “fancy”.

Where would you like to visit?
I want to go to the United Kingdom so badly. I especially want to visit Scotland.

Scotland is on my bucket list, too, Suzanna. Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  What?
My favorite artist right now is The Chainsmokers. I do listen to music when I write and it tends to be a playlist I’ve put together either for writing or for a specific book. I love to listen to rock and roll, alternative, and some pop.

What makes you laugh?
My husband, even when I’m angry with him.


He sounds like a keeper! Favorite work of art or sculpture.
I have an icon depicting a detail of a larger mural that shows Christ creating the sky and it hangs over my desk. It’s such a powerful image of creativity that I feel inspired whenever I look at it.


How old were you when you started writing?
When I was old enough to hold a pencil, I started scribbling, but I wrote my first poem when I was eight or so.

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?
I tend to brainstorm in a composition notebook, though I have used notecards before. I try not to outline too much because I know I’m not going to keep to it. Once I have a definite climax in mind, and I can hear the voices of my characters, that’s when I write.

Describe your perfect evening.
At home, eating pizza while watching a movie with my darling.

Where do you get your inspiration?
I have no idea. I think there’s a cauldron in the back of my mind that receives everything I see, hear, and read. From time to time, story ideas spill out.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?
I try to find out what I’m afraid of and try to work through that. Writer’s block is all about fear and anxiety. Once you find the root, you can “unblock” yourself.

Who is your favorite author?
That varies but, right now, it’s Robin McKinley and Patricia Briggs.

Best book you ever read.
The Night Circus by Morgenstern

Last book you read.
Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
I don’t think I could exist if I weren’t a writer.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
Religious figures aside, I would have to say my husband. Someone once said you should pick a partner who makes you a better person. I like to think he does that for me.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
Ben Shaw from the Mercy Thompson Series. I just want to hear how foul mouth he can get and what would happen if someone flirted with him.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?

Don’t give up. Don’t let the negativity of others tear you down. Learn the difference between constructive and destructive criticism and never listen to the latter.

Do you have some links for us to follow you?



Looking for a good read?

Clara's Return: books2read.com/clarasreturn
























No comments:

Post a Comment