Friday, January 12, 2018

Reviews for January Black Ice by Carol Ann Kauffman


"I had this on my Kindle for a few months before I went ahead and read it. I knew it was a series so the stories queued up. After a few months of just not feeling in the mood to read (unusual for me), I decided to try something short to get me back into the swing of things. This seemed like a good one to start with and after reading it, I binge-read the rest of the series.
The world the author has created was solid and it was easy to imagine the characters in my mind's eye. Cat is a likeable heroine and I feel like Carter is revealing himself at a nice pace. I'm discovering him the way you would learn about a new friend or lover, a little at a time. Of course, the mystery is centred around him in this story, so I can't say too much. Dettrick, I can't make up my mind about. Is he a villain? A crazy old man with a good heart underneath it all? Or is there something else? I can't wait to find out.
All in all, it's a good start to the series and I would highly recommend it."





"This is a very short book and it ended way too soon to suit me! It leaves you with a cliff hanger------Luckily there are more in this series and I can tell you right now I will be reading them."

"Do you believe in love at first sight? Well that is what happens when Detrick Bittmor convinces Cat Collier to befriend a young man who he thinks may be the son he never knew he had until he received a letter from a long ago love. Why Cat--who is the obituary writer for a small town newspaper."

"Will Cat manage to befriend the young man? And what happens afterwards? Is this young man the son that Detrick Bittmor thinks he might be?"

"Get ready for a clean short mystery which will keep you enthralled and wanting to read more!"






"In January Black Ice by Carol Kauffman, Mary, or Cat, meets the dashing Carter after an unfortunate series of events. Their courtship quickly progresses as they must endure another harsh winter. Yet Carter's concerns over Cat during her travels seem to take a disturbingly realistic turn after she tries to convince him that her latest roadside mishap was just due to black ice on the road. What is the cause of her true troubles? I would recommend a read of this fast-paced story to anyone who likes a little suspense mixed with their romance. This is one book that every suspense fan should get and would make a perfect gift for any suspense fan on your list."

"I really liked the story & the characters.
If you're a fan of mysteries then this is definitely a book for you to read! Looking forward to the next book in the series!"





"This book is the first in a series and was such a good read that I had to immediately purchase the next two books. Cat Collier is a fun character and very lovable. I was rooting for her to find love and happiness all the way through. She's someone I would love to have for a friend. The mystery was well done and this is just an all-round wonderful read!"

"I found that I really enjoyed January Black Ice so much that I read the February and March books right after this one. It kept my attention and I liked the main characters. I would certainly recommend it for compelling reading."


No comments:

Post a Comment