Wednesday, March 20, 2019

INTERVIEW: Eclectic Author Owen Jones


Owen Jones
Barry, South Wales
UK



Good morning, Owen, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site that loves art and books and the people who write them.What have you written?
I have written fifty-odd novels and 125 other books. My favourite series are Behind The Smile, and the Megan Series, but my favourite stand-alones are Andropov's Cuckoo and The Disallowed. However, the Annwn Series is the most popular at the moment, and The Alien House is my latest novel.


What is your favorite genre to write?
My favourite genre to write in is... I don't know, but I do believe in Karma and Spiritualist things, so most of my stories include those elements. I am also Welsh, which implies mysticism to many people.

Favorite food.
I hae always travelled, and certain foods remind me of certain journeys, although I love a traditional British Sunday lunch. However, my wife is Thai, and I lived in her village for twelve years, so, Thai has to be my favourite.




Tea or coffee?
I like both in their own way.

Pizza or ice cream?
Definitely, ice cream!

Wine or beer or soda?
Wine with food, especially red, but otherwise, beer.


Where would you like to visit?
Anywhere I haven't been yet :-)


Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  What?
I like some of most types of music, but Hendrix, Neil Young, Led Zepplin, The Stones and George Thorogood are some of my favourites. However, I cannot listen to music wile writing as I want to sing along.


What makes you laugh?
British sitcoms like Steptoe and Dad's Army, but also Tommy Cooper and Dame Edna.


Favorite work of art or sculpture.
I don't have one.


How old were you when you started writing?
I have always written, but at first it was letters, then website content, and since 2012 books.


Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?
I tend to have an ending first; then a title, and a few way-points (chapter titles) and then off I go!





Where do you get your inspiration?
I write about what I see, ot think I see, or dream... and at the end of the day, it's all the same, really.


What do you do when you get a writer's block?
I don't think I get writers' block, but if the stiry is not flowing, I start work on the cover, or the blurb, or think about what I am trying to say.


Who is your favorite author?
I don't have one.


Best book you ever read.
Turgenev's Fathers and Sons, but also Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.


Last book you read.
I don't remember.


What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
Be a diplomat.


Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My father, because of the Spiritualist outlook he fostered in me.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
Jesus, to find out whether he actually believed in what has been attributed to him, because I doubt it. I think that his words have been hijacked.




What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Write for at least ten minutes a day.


Do you have some links for us to follow you?
@owem_author







4 comments:

  1. Owen Jones seems so familiar to me. I don’t think I’ve read any of his work, but who knows, I might have. It would be great if he would submit some of his books to Nerd Girl for reviews, it would be completely different from what we usually get to choose from and I would love to review some of his work. Thanks for another interesting author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Valerie, Sorry that I am replying so late, but I missed notifications because I don't use FB Messenger. Which book would you like to read (or listen to)? Regards, Owen

      Delete
  2. I will pass that information on to Owen the I talk to him. Thank you for your support. It is my pleasure to bring quality authors like Owen Jones to the attention of my readers.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, I am so sorry that I missed the publication of my interview, but I never use FB Messenger, only FB PM. If a few of your readers would like free audiobooks of the novels on this page, I have a few to give away. Please let me know by FB PM. Regards, Owen

      Delete