Wednesday, December 18, 2019

INTERVIEW; Sci-Fi Fantasy Author Theresa Snyder


Theresa Snyder
Pacific Northwest


Good morning, Theresa! Welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for art and authors. Can you tell us a little about what you've written? 
I have been published since 2013 and have 25 books in print in four genre, fantasy, scifi, paranormal/romance, and memoir.

What is your favorite genre to write? 
So far, I haven’t met a genre I didn’t like.


Favorite food. 
Chocolate and it’s good my dragon muse, Farloft, loves it too, because he keeps a hoard for us.

Tea or coffee? 
Tea – Chai in particular

Pizza or ice cream? 
Ice cream (chocolate and caramel varieties most).


Wine or beer? 
Neither. I am a hard liquor drinker if I drink. Usually liquors.

Where would you like to visit? 
Austria is my next dream vacation, but I love to travel, and any destination is good.

Favorite musical artist. 
A love a variety of artists. I would have a difficult time picking just one.


Do you listen to music when you write? 
Always 

What? 
Usually piano, cello or classical music. Something I can’t hum to or sing too. I find that distracting.

What makes you laugh? 
My cat, Watson is quite a character and makes me laugh daily with is antics.

Since this is an art AND author blog, I am obliged to ask: Favorite work of art or sculpture.
Another one I would have a hard time answering. I do like art and sculptures that represent real people or objects. 

How old were you when you started writing? 
I have been writing since I was in grade school. My mother gave me a journal to put down my thoughts. I have journaled every day since then. I wrote my first book in middle school.

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? I just write. I have usually thought it out thoroughly before hand.


Describe your perfect evening. 
A nice meal with friends and a good long conversation over tea and dessert.

Where do you get your inspiration? 
My inspiration comes from everywhere, past experiences, people I knew or know, news articles I read on current events, and discussions with friends.

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
I usually take a nap or go to bed for the night. Sleeping on a problem creates a solution for me.

Who is your favorite author? 
You ask difficult questions. I might be able to tell you one for each genre, but not just one. I love Beryl Markham, James Herriot, Asimov, Heinlein, Bradbury, Anne Mccaffrey, L. Ron Hubbard, and Margery Williams to name a few.


Best book you ever read. 
I really loved the pose of “West with the Night”.

Last book you read. 
I am currently reading several. I edit books for other authors so I can’t really say what it is I am reading currently, but it is a winner.

Oh, that is good to know that you edit. Note to self. What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 
I am doing it. I love to edit and help other authors polish their work and make them shine.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
My parents formed me both morally, intellectually and spiritually.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
I would like to sit down with my grandparents. I never got to meet my dad’s parents, they died when he was very young. My mother’s parents both died when I was a child. I have heard so may stories about them all. I would love to meet them.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? Have faith in yourself. Write the best you can. Turn out the cleanest product you are able to the public.

Do you have some links for us to follow you?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Carol for the time to sit down with you and discuss my work and Passions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa,
    It is a pleasure to introduce my readers to quality authors! When would you like to come back and talk about your Star Traveler series? Maybe give us an excerpt to get a taste for the series?
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete