Wednesday, May 27, 2020

INTERVIEW: Mystery Writer Sara Caudell



Sara Caudell
Austin, Texas

Welcome, Sara, to Vision and Verse. What have you written? 
I have a series: Cold Springs Mysteries.  Have just finished book 5.

What is your favorite genre to write?  
I like to read and write mysteries.  
Most of my reading has been in the classics 
but now I just read for fun.

Favorite food. 
That’s hard.  I like Cajun, New Mexico Mexican, etc.

Tea or coffee? 
Both, coffee in the morning, then tea in the afternoon.

Pizza or ice cream? 
Ice cream

Wine or beer?  
Wine

Where would you like to visit?
Scotland

Favorite musical artist. 
I like old 1950’s western music (I grew up on the Front Range.)  Hank Willliams

Do you listen to music when you write?  
No, the voices in my head don’t like to be distracted. 



What makes you laugh?  
Satire

Favorite work of art or sculpture.  
The gates of Hell, Dante’s inferno.

How old were you when you started writing?  
60

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write?  
I start the story and write the first couple of chapters then turn to an outline and plot one scene at a time.

Describe your perfect evening.  
Dinner with my husband then Wine and a good book.







Where do you get your inspiration?  
I think of different plots when I am writing a story.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?  
Clean house.

Who is your favorite author?  
I like Anne Perry for mysteries and the old classics.

Best book you ever read. 
Ones that made me think. Bridge of San Luis Rey, Ox Bow Incident, To Kill a Mockingbird.

Last book you read. 
C. J. Box, In Plain Sight

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? 
I was an accountant for 40 years, but I liked my psychology courses.







Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?  
My father, he always expected me to do whatever I wanted or was needed.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?  
Thurgood Marshall or Justice Earl Warren.


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 
Look at writing as storytelling.  Sit down like you were across from your best friend and write the story.




Note:
Vision and Verse does not use cookies. We do not store any personal information like email addresses, home addresses, etc. We do not give any information to third parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment