Thursday, October 9, 2014

Interview with Author Kenzie Mack



Kenzie Mack
Cali Girl originally from the Midwest


Good morning, Kenzie and welcome to Vision and Verse, the Place for Art and Authors.  Tell us, what have you written?     
Moon Shadows and Moon Dances

What is your favorite genre to write?     
I can’t pick just one.  Romance/Suspense/Urban Fantasy

Favorite food:     
Seafood

Tea or coffee?     
It depends on my mood.  I enjoy both.

Pizza or ice cream?     
Both are yummy, but ice-cream wins.

Where would you like to visit?     Ireland/Scotland/Europe


Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  What?     
I love all types of music, but would choose Alternative if I could only have one.  I have an inspiration list, but don’t listen when I’m in my hard-core writing zone.


What makes you laugh?     
My family and life.  I’m an easy laugh.

Favorite work of art or sculpture.     
Too many to choose.  I love visiting a museum.

How old were you when you started writing?     
Grade school, I kept a diary.

Describe your perfect evening.     
A tasty dinner made by my husband and all my girls gathered around to eat and catch up on their lives.

Where do you get your inspiration?     
I am a firm believer in ‘The Muse’.  She visits and out comes a new story.

I also believe in 'The Muse", but she's pissed at me right now.  What do you do when you get a writer's block?     
I haven’t had one yet.  I’m a perpetual editor and always have things to work on.

Who is your favorite author?     
I’ll tell you who I’m currently enjoying – C.E. Murphy & Gerry Bartlett

Best book you ever read.     
Love the Harry Potter series.

Last book you read.     
Real Vampires Have Curves – Gerry Bartlett

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?     
Teach kindergarten.

I taught first grade for most of my 35 year teaching career, and after reading your book, MOON SHADOWS, I find the idea of you teaching  kindergarten a bit...scary.  If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?     
Stephen King (what a mind)


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?     Take classes to learn the craft.  Find groups or clubs to meet with other writers.  And never quit! 

Amazon Links:

Moon Shadows
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Shadows-Readers-Choice-Book-ebook/dp/B00J12ARHO/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411412820&sr=1-1&keywords=Moon+Shadows+by+Kenzie+Mack

Moon Dances
http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Dances-Readers-Choice-Tale-ebook/dp/B00NMNQRI6/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1411412966&sr=1-1&keywords=Moon+Dances+by+Kenzie+mack


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Kenzie, for being with us this morning and sharing Moon Shadows and Moon Dances covers. We at Vision and Verse wish you continued success in all your writing endeavors. Come back again!
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope your "almost zombie" series is picked up, as it's such an intriguing story with wonderful characters! Hopefully, soon.

    ReplyDelete