Monday, October 13, 2014

Reviews from the UK: ECHO OF HEARTBREAK, A Recipe for Life


Dear Gentle Readers,
I would like to share some terrific reviews of ECHO OF HEARTBREAK, A Recipe for Life from the United Kingdom:

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Tear Jerker 2 May 2014
Format:Kindle Edition
It was a clever idea to combine family recipes with a short story and it adds a little something extra to this short story. I have decided to keep it on my Kindle even though I've read it twice now for that very reason! It's about a young woman who is pregnant with her first child but has a heart condition. She's being advised by almost everyone around her to terminate the pregnancy and get her heart fixed but she's already bonded with the child and wants to carry the baby to full term, endangering her own life in the process. It truly is a heartbreaking story and as a mother with a young child I felt so sad reading this. I'm actually feeling tears in my eyes remembering the book as I'm writing. It's so well written and every mother who reads it will know exactly how Melina felt. Highly recommended.





5.0 out of 5 starsBoth heart-breaking and hugely absorbing 16 Sep 2014
Format:Kindle Edition
Wow! This is both heart-breaking and hugely absorbing, the storytelling is fast paced and exceptionally well written, I loved the conversational style of Melina and the direct and honest outpouring of emotions. The recipes are both informative and wonderful, and certainly a surprise and innovative element of the narrative. This is the second book I have read by Carol and this continued to delight and engage, hugely recommend.

Link:
http://tinyurl.com/n2eblyu 

No comments:

Post a Comment