Monday, June 10, 2019

A NOTE FROM CAROL: Lily Rose


 Dear Gentle Readers,

As those of you who have been with me for a while know, in November 2017 I lost my mini-dachshund KC. I got KC when he was 8 weeks old. He died one month before his eighteenth birthday. He was not my dog. He was my baby, my child, my buddy. You may remember he did the KC’s Pick of the Week blog posts, with a little help from me. He willingly posed with stacks of books in publicity shots for me. 

When he passed, I was devastated. Every time my husband suggested we get another dog, I resisted. I grieved and thought I was handling the situation pretty well, that is, until I had to think about getting a new dog. That would be attempting to replace him and I would have none of that! 

A few months ago, we began searching for rescue dachshunds in our local area. Two of our four dachshunds were rescues. If you have never given rescue a thought, please do. Helping a dog learn to trust humans again is extremely satisfying.

It is also an eye-opening experience. Sometimes all the time and love and veterinary care in the world cannot erase the damage done to defenseless animals by hateful people. Sometimes the physical damage is still fatal.



Enter Miss Lily Rose. And all my reservations went out the window. We now have a new family member. She is sweet and beautiful and loving.

We are smitten with our new two pound furbaby. We are also exhausted because puppies are full of poop and energy, so we are walking and playing catch and catching new views of our yard with our little girl. 

You'll be seeing more of her and hearing about her new discoveries and wild coyote antics.

Hugs,
Carol and Lily








No comments:

Post a Comment