Wednesday, December 4, 2019

INTERVIEW: Poet and Inspirational Writer Rikah Thomas


Rikah Thomas
San Diego, California



Good morning, Rikah, and welcome to Vision and Verse, the site for art and authors. Can you tell us a little about what you've written?
Heavenly Ink – A book of poetry, prose and original artwork by Rikah Thomas.

Be at War: Battle for Love – Is a fictional piece about Jacob and Emma who learn the value of love and marriage.  Brought together by destiny, they willingly stand strong as they build a life together, and through their unwavering faith and steadfast love they cultivate into an unstoppable force to fight and conquer the battles of life and love.

What is your favorite genre to write?
Poetry, prose, short stories, and inspirational pieces that encourage others and impact personal growth.


Favorite food.
Italian! All the pasta, carbs, cheese, and sauces I can consume. 


Tea or coffee?
Always strong coffee. Mochas are my usual morning routine.
  

Pizza or ice cream?
Ice Cream. Any flavor, not picky. Love Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia and Rocky Road.


Wine or beer?
I enjoy tasting a variety of different and unique beers.


Where would you like to visit?
I would like to visit Paris and the many art museums there (as I am an artist and appreciate the history and uniqueness of art over the ages). 

Favorite musical artist.  
Danny Gokey and Rascal Flatts

Do you listen to music when you write?  
ALWAYS! It sets the tone and gets my emotions and inspiration going 
in the right direction.

What? 
Country or 70’s music

What makes you laugh? 
Baby anything - puppies, kittens, goats, and any humor that speaks truth, makes fun of, and shows the irony of life, marriage, love, family, having children, etc.…

Favorite work of art or sculpture.
A few paintings I created in oils, acrylics, pen and inks.  

How old were you when you started writing? 
I started writing poetry at a very young age, around six years old.

Do you plan out your book with outlines and notecards? Or just write? 
I just write. I wrote, Be at War: Battle for Love, with the ending chapter first and then worked backwards.

Describe your perfect evening.
Dating my love of 30 years, my husband Peter. Going to dinner, holding hands, walking, enjoying deep heart to heart conversations, slow dancing, and dreaming of the future.

Where do you get your inspiration?
From seriously anything and anyone. I am a people watcher, life watcher, and take in all the sights, sounds, and experiences and they then invoke such creative flow, thoughts, and emotions which make me want to write and create something to reflect the moment I’m in.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?
Write anyway or work on a piece of art (oil paintings). 
                                                         
Who is your favorite author? 
Betty MacDonald (The Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle series author, my favorite books from childhood).

Best book you ever read.
The Five People You Will Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

Last book you read. 
A Beautiful Mess: How God Recreates Our Lives by Danielle Strickland

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer?
I would be a full-time artist.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?  
My husband, Peter. Building our life together and living out our love, raising a family, overcoming the challenges of life, and pursuing our dreams together has helped me become the woman I am today. 

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
I would sit down with my dad. I am very much like him (the artist, writer) and yet didn’t get to know him or grow up with him. 

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Write, write, write, and keep writing! Set aside time daily or weekly to write, even if it’s journaling. Have goals and tackle them one step at a time.

Do you have some links for us to follow you? 
Links:





No comments:

Post a Comment