Friday, June 28, 2013

Author Interview with Brooke Cumberland




  Brooke Cumberland
Fond du Lac, WI

What have you written? 

Kitchen Affairs, Kitchen Scandals (Books 1 & 2 of the Riverside Trilogy) Current WIP – Spark, Wonderstruck, Kitchen Promises


What is your favorite genre to write? 

New Adult/Romance/Contemporary


Favorite food.

 Pizza


Where would you like to visit?

Italy

Favorite musical artist

Avril Lavigne

How old were you when you started writing?

Probably 15 or so. I started writing song lyrics and then gradually went into writing short stories.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Everywhere. It comes randomly and usually unexpected. I see something that makes me think of a storyline, a song, a show, a commercial… it comes from random places.


What do you do when you get a writer's block? 

I take a break usually. Work on something else – package books, network on Facebook, listen to music, cook…


Who is your favorite author? 

E.L. James because if it wasn’t for her, I wouldn’t be here. Her books got me so enthralled into reading again that it made me write again for pleasure. I usually wrote grad papers and didn’t make time for writing, but once I started reading again, I realized how much I missed it.


Best book you ever read. 

Beautiful Broken Rules by Kimberly Lauren (also a favorite author)


Who is the one person who has influence your personal life the most and why? 

My oldest sister, Heather. She has guided me and looked after me since I was 11 years old. She always worked her butt off to get where she is today and she inspires me to do the same. She never believes she can’t do something.


If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 

Colleen Hoover – she’s definitely an inspiration to many aspiring authors. I would love to sit down with her and talk about everything!!


What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? 

My advice would be to keep going no matter what and no matter who says you can’t. Sometimes all you have is yourself, but if you believe in yourself enough, that’s all that matters. Write. Write for pleasure, don’t write for anyone else. Write for you. Don’t give up no matter how hard and frustrating things get. Stop writing the minute you stop enjoying it.


Any links to share with us?

Twitter @blcumberland

What's cover of your first book look like?


No comments:

Post a Comment