Friday, February 14, 2014

Sex, Lies, & Corned Beef Pies! by Georgina Ramsey

 Sex, Lies, & Corned Beef Pies
by
Georgina Ramsey


This book is classified as rom-com/chick-lit, and here's the blurb:

Mae Ophelia Ball, is a desperate, penniless student, who in a moment of madness is prepared to do anything – well, almost anything – for a bit of extra cash! She puts her moral conscience to one side, when she takes advice from the glamorous Lottie, and sets herself up as a phone sex operator, in order to earn a few extra quid. However, the glamour of a job in the sex industry soon wears off, and one of her callers, an elderly man called Bert, comes to her rescue. She soon learns that money isn’t everything, but has this lesson come a little too late?

About Georgina Ramsey:
To date she has five books published, two books in the Love, Life series and two books in the Myrtle Maloney series.  She also has a children’s book published which her son produced the front cover for.  Her favorite genre is definitely humor and this is the genre she feels where she has the most success.  "I wasn’t expecting this to happen but my first book, which is a novelette, “Love, Life & Cream Cakes!” has been a lot more successful than I had anticipated," she said.  Her favorite foods include ice cream, a good curry, and lasagna.

Here is an excerpt from my interview with Georgina on Dec. 11, 2013:

Where would you like to visit?
I feel like I should always apologize for being a real homebody, but it’s true. I have visited other countries like Canada, Greece, Turkey, Spain and France, but my heart belongs to the North East of England. I love its earthiness and the history on offer. 

Favorite musical artist.  
This is such an easy question for me. Without a shadow of doubt it has to be the amazing Rumer, who is a British artist, and if you haven’t checked her out, please do – you won’t be disappointed. She has the most soothing voice; absolutely beautiful. Then there is also my penchant for Michael Buble, he’s delicious!

Sometimes, but it depends on the emotional response that I am trying to stir up in my characters. I often find background noise helps to relax and focus my mind when I am writing a first draft, but when I’m editing, I need silence.

What makes you laugh?
Life makes me laugh, and I always try to see the funny side in existence. I am quite eccentric, so I have been told, and a firm believer in the fact that with the challenges that life throws at you, if you didn’t laugh at them, you’d have to cry. I don’t want to spend my life crying over things I can’t change. 


How old were you when you started writing?
I started writing in a productive fashion in my late teens (I’m now in my mid-thirties), but I began writing professionally only a couple of years ago and had my first book published in 2012. 

Where do you get your inspiration?
I would say that I am inspired by observations of life and my own experiences. My day job is a lecturer of Psychology, so I am naturally critical of, and intrigued by, the human psyche, which is what I tend to draw upon in my writing.

What do you do when you get a writer's block?
Watch a TV show, read a book, put on some music, make a cuppa, or go out and play with my little one. I occasionally try to write through it, but this is only when I’m being stubborn!

Who is your favorite author?
Probably Leigh Russell and DJ Bennett at the moment, but the 
psychologist in me is fascinated by the work of Joe Conlan.  His words are easy to read but his thought processes aren't.

Best book you ever read.
Would you mind me reverting back to childhood for this? “The Witches” by Roald Dahl, or “Our Kate” by Catherine Cookson. I was raised on Catherine Cookson books; I think I was about seven when I read my first one because my mum was such a huge fan. She would read one and then pass it on to me, but only after she had told me the whole plot first. She does like her spoilers!

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why?
My son and he is my world. We are pretty similar to one another but when I come home from work and want to let off steam he is always there for me with his loving arms, cuddles and giggles. He keeps me sane.

If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why?
Princess Diana, because she was a real enigma. She seemed to be caught between tradition and modern reality, and because I have a fascination with what goes on behind closed doors at the best of times, what could be better than to converse with than the woman who could let you in on the quirks and eccentricities of Buck House! I love our Royal Family. 

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer?
Don’t be seduced by the supposed glamour of it all. We keep anti-social hours and it is hard work putting out your words for critique. Sales don’t come easy, unless luck is shining down on you; it requires long hours, a huge learning curve and patience. That said, it is without doubt the most amazing career. 

Here are her Amazon links:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Life-Lettuce-ebook/dp/B00DYUEIVK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382266646&sr=1-1&keywords=love+life+and+lettuce
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Life-Lettuce-Georgina-Ramsey-ebook/dp/B00DYUEIVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382266675&sr=8-1&keywords=love+life+and+lettuce





No comments:

Post a Comment