Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Interview with Author Karen Vaughn


 Karen Vaughan
Country Peterborough, Ontario, Canada



Good morning, Karen, welcome to Vision and Verse, the place for Art and Authors. We're happy to have you here with us today. What have you written? 
DEAD ON ARRIVAL,OVER HER DEAD BODY , DAYTONA DEAD, DEAD MEN DON’T SWING, JAMAICA DEAD, LEFT FOR DEAD—(LAURA AND GERRY SERIES) and DEAD COMIC STANDING.


What is your favorite genre to write?
Cozy mysteries

Favorite food? 
Spareribs

Tea or coffee?
Coffee

Pizza or ice cream? 
ICE CREAM! 

Wine or beer? 
Wine

Where would you like to visit?
Australia


Favorite musical artist.  Do you listen to music when you write?  
I have a wide variety of music I like to listen to, but I prefer to write to the classics.

What makes you laugh? 
Comedy shows, stand-up comedy, funny books and a good movie.

Favorite work of art or sculpture.
Van Gogh, Monet, Picasso

How old were you when you started writing? 
42

Describe your perfect evening.
Writing and watching TV I love.


Where do you get your inspiration?
Life events

What do you do when you get a writer's block? 
I work on a different project or I draw or color.

Coloring is now recognized as a form of mediation. Who is your favorite author? 
I love Janet Evanovich.

I do, too! One for the Money. Lulu. Ranger!! Best book you ever read. The Thornbirds is my favorite but I love a lot of books.


Last book you read. 
Charlie Smithers Adventures Down Under by CW Lovatt.

What would you do for a living if you weren’t a writer? I
 would work with people with mental health issues which is what I did before I wrote.

Who is the one person who has influenced your personal life the most and why? 
My mom, she supported my artistic side and encouraged me to write.



If you could sit down and have a conversation with ONE person, living or dead, real or fictional, who would it be and why? 
I want another conversation with my mom to talk about writing and my life struggles with my own health.

What advice would you give someone who aspired to be a writer? Listen to your heart and keep writing no matter what.




Do you have links for us to follow you? 
Facebook:



my books on Amazon:

2 comments: