Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Collaboration in Motion: Interview with Amber McCarty

Collaboration in Motion

"I could tell it was fake because it never once reached her eyes"

Inspirational writer, Amber McCarty joined “Collaboration In Motion-Women Doing It For Themselves” as a contributor to our newest release, “Through The Darkness-Stories Of Hope”. 


Through the Darkness ~ Stories of Hope

Her advice to fellow authors is, “Don't focus on sales and reviews; It's not about the sales and reviews (although “they say” those make the author). Rather, it's the person behind the story and what you love to do that makes for a great book.”

Mrs. McCarty who currently holds down two jobs in the health-care field began writing therapeutically to calm bouts of depression, and shares that it has been a source of creative escape that she has grown to love.

WADIFTS- Given your love for inspirational writing, what inspires you to write and what is another genre that you might be interested in trying?

Amber McCarty- Well, I get what you might call a writing “itch”! And, when I get that “itch” I just have to write, no matter what the genre. I would, however, like to try non-fiction because generally that is a teaching genre that I can learn something new from. So writing in that genre would give me the opportunity to teach someone something new.

WADIFTS- If you could choose an author to be your mentor, who would it be?

Amber McCarty- Living or dead; I’d have to say, I would choose Laura Ingles Wilder. Her writing was always something that intrigued me.

WADIFTS- quid pro quo- If you were stranded on a deserted island, and you could only have five books with you, what would they be?

a.       Through the Darkness ~ Stories of Hope

b.       Over the Rainbow by Friends of Dorothy

c.        Out of the Darkness by Angela Fattig

d.       Any of Stephen King's books

e.       Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark


A. McCarty


WADIFTS- What are you working on now?

Amber McCarty- I'm working on completing my first novel entitled, “One Christmas Night” and a few other short stories. As of yet, I haven’t gotten any ideas to write outside my comfort zone-but maybe soon. Smiling…

WADIFTS- What book or series do you enjoy reading over and over again?

Amber McCarty-  I will say, the romantic-suspense novel, Shattered Dreams by Angela Fatig is my go-to read. But, there are many books on my “to-read” list such as, Becoming a Legend by Sarah Robinson, Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult, When There's Smoke by Jodi Picoult, and The Melody Lingers by Mary Higgins Clark.

 WADIFTS- What is the best compliment you've ever received as an author and the worst critique.

Amber McCarty- The best compliment so far has been, "Keep writing because I am in love with your writing". -That was said by a friend of mine. As far as harsh critiques, I haven't had any yet, but If and when it does happen I will use it to improve.

WADIFTS- quid pro quo Are you a pantser or outliner?

Amber McCarty- I'm a bit of both. It just depends on the story and if I can get it to flow right away or not.

WADIFTS- Last but not least, do you have anything specific you'd like to say to your readers?


Amber McCarty- Quite humbly- “I’m not sure at this point what to say to my readers except, thank you for taking the time to read my work. 

 CIM = HOPE


In a world where challenges multiply exponentially by the second a group of women reach into their past pull out their inspirations and speak to the positive possibilities shrouded in ~ HOPE 

  • Blog                         bit.ly/CIMHope 
  • Facebook Page     bit.ly/CIMFace 
  • Instagram              bit.ly/CIMInsta 
  • Twitter                     bit.ly/CIMTwit 
  • Website                    bit.ly/wadifts 

OUR INSPIRATION Collaboration In Motion (#CIM) was established in 2016 by a group of women inspired by HOPE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment