Saturday, October 27, 2018

Snippet Saturday - Jasper - Taking Control, The Guardian Shifters Series by KM Lowe

#SnippetSaturday
Jasper - Taking Control (Book 4.5 of The Guardian Shifters) 
Pre-Order Now! 99p 99c

 


Sometimes in life, we need to do things that we wouldn’t necessarily want to do, but under certain circumstances that decision is taken away from us. Sometimes, we need to think out of the box, look at our loved ones, and just act on impulse. That’s exactly what I did when I decided I was going to stand against our council and fight for my position, fight for my family, and fight for our kind.
Let me get this straight, I don’t want to take control of the whole paranormal community, but I also don’t want our community to be corrupt any longer than it has been already. We can’t breathe. We can’t sneeze without someone breathing down our necks. Christ, I’m sure they even know when we take a shit. It’s got to that point where we’re constantly looking over our shoulders, and that shouldn’t be the case. We should be able to live a normal, happy life, regardless of us being shifters.
I’ve worked for the council for eighteen years. I’ve fought for them. I’ve killed for them. I’ve goddamn near lost my family for them. Well, no more. Now’s the time that we move forward. Now’s the time that we put our community first, we build our pack back up, and we take charge of what we believe in. Of course, there will always be rogue wolves; it’s a part of a wolf that sometimes snaps. It’s just one of those things. My concern is that decent wolf shifters are being confused with these rogues for the council’s own gain. They don’t care who they take out, who they leave behind, just as long as they benefit from it. That was evident when they took me and Kevin into their cells, just to prove a point that they could. It didn’t bother me that they were doing that to me, but it did bother me that a teenage kid was dragged into a mess that wasn’t his fault. None of that sat well with me, and it still doesn’t sit well with me today. That’s why I took that decision to challenge Braxton in a dual. That’s why I put everything on the line. And that’s why I plan on taking over our council and getting our community back on the straight and narrow.
I’m crazy, I know. It’s probably going to be one of the biggest fights of my life. The council will throw everything at me, plus some, but I’ll be ready to fight for what I believe in.
Bring it on, I say. 


Pre-order now! 
99p/99c
Can be read as a standalone 

No comments:

Post a Comment