Monday, May 6, 2019

NOTE FROM CAROL:

Dear Gentle Readers,

I am contemplating some changes to Vision and Verse that affect some of your favorite posts. 

The first one is Wednesday Author Interviews. This our most loved category. I ask simple, easy questions that when put together give you, the reader, a glimpse at the funny, creative, kooky, real person behind the book. It's a free service and we have a worldwide readership of an older, more serious audience who like and buy books. The interview itself is not hard or time-consuming. It's really rather fun!

But its is getting harder and harder for me to get authors who are willing to take the time to do the interview. I spend more time chasing them down to agree to the interview and returning the photos (I know my peeps are visual people and like photos) and the interview doc. than I do on the actual interview. So, sadly, I may have to eliminate the Wednesday Interviews from the schedule.

Secondly, the Art posts. Vision and Verse started out as an art and author site. Parker Kaufman, Texas Collage Artist, was the Vision. I was the Verse. Parker's Art posts were imaginative, informative, and insightful. When he left Vision and Verse to spend more time pursuing his art, I tried my best to take over. 

Fact: My Art posts are generally dull and boring. I lack Parker's panache. They have the lowest number of page views and they are truly torture for me to construct. I feel they are so encyclopedic in nature. So I may be eliminating the drab, unloved once a week Art posts.

Now, dear readers, I ask a favor. If you have strong feelings about either one of these possible eliminations from the weekly schedule, please let me know. Also, if you know of any author who would be willing to interview with Vision and Verse, send them my way. I may be able to keep the interviews going for another month or two. You can comment below, using anonymous and add your email if you want a response or email me at carolannkauffman.gmail.com. I am also on Facebook at Carol Ann Kauffman, Author.

As always, I appreciate you. Without you, I am blogging to myself.
Hugs,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment